Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   The Wrestlemania Thread - 'It's Real Damn It!' (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/10739-wrestlemania-thread-its-real-damn.html)

Bringer Of Funerals 5th April 2013 05:35 PM

The Wrestlemania Thread - 'It's Real Damn It!'

I thought i'd annoy the bejesus out of everyone with talk of greasy old steroid abusers, slapping each other, jumping off ropes and stamping on the floor like demented gibbons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hml1QtA5F_I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XPYGMJJhis

Susan Foreman 5th April 2013 05:45 PM

Not Wrestlemania, and not my favourite wrestlers, but this is one of my favourite matches of all time

Eddie Guerrero Vs. JBL at Judgement Day (2004)

Be warned - it gets VERY bloody around the 2:40 mark!

Eddie Guerrero vs JBL - Judgment Day 2004 Highlights HD - YouTube

Bringer Of Funerals 5th April 2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 333395)
Not Wrestlemania, and not my favourite wrestlers, but this is one of my favourite matches of all time

Eddie Guerrero Vs. JBL at Judgement Day (2004)

Be warned - it gets VERY bloody around the 2:40 mark!

Eddie Guerrero vs JBL - Judgment Day 2004 Highlights HD - YouTube

I remember watching that, what a chairshot

Rik 5th April 2013 05:49 PM

Biggest pile of shite to ever appear on TV, yeah even worse than that program we have an entire forum dedicated to :rolleyes:

Criterion7 5th April 2013 09:47 PM

Even if you like wrestling or "sports entertainment" WWE is the worst possible option.

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th April 2013 10:13 PM

Sorry folks, even under the guise of tv, this is still considered sports, and as everyone knows (or should know), sport is one of the subjects Cult Labs doesn't do, so I'm afraid it has to go. I'll leave it here for a short while so everyone knows, instead of just deleting the thread without a word.

Baseball Fury 5th April 2013 10:30 PM

:rolleyes:

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th April 2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 333528)
:rolleyes:

No point rolling your eyes. Just doing what I'm told.

Baseball Fury 5th April 2013 10:34 PM

Good job there wasn't any threads about the Olympics or anything then...

Slippery Jack 5th April 2013 10:37 PM

Didn't Kyle do a whole wrestling comp the other week :confused: . . .

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th April 2013 03:28 PM

Ok, after discussions between the moderators, we've decided to re-open the thread. Whilst most people see it purely as entertainment, it's bordering between that and being classed as a sport, so we've decided that it can be discussed, as long as no arguements ensue. We'll be keeping an eye on the thread to make sure none occur.

Slippery Jack 6th April 2013 06:56 PM

That's hilarious. I love the idea of a heated argument breaking out over wrasslin :lol:

I've got a steel chair in my hands if anyone even thinks about starting on me :yell: . . .

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th April 2013 07:00 PM

About as hilarious as arguing about sweaty guys in shorts running after a ball for 90 mins, but it happens. :)

Slippery Jack 6th April 2013 07:07 PM

I remember the dark days in the 80's when you had the organised wrestling hooligan firms. The Hulk Hogan supporters fighting the Ultimate Warrior supporters, spilling out of the London bars and into the streets. The Rowdy Roddy Piper fans were the worst though, fighting in alleys for hours with their stoopid sunglasses :tsk: . . .

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th April 2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 333764)
I remember the dark days in the 80's when you had the organised wrestling hooligan firms. The Hulk Hogan supporters fighting the Ultimate Warrior supporters, spilling out of the London bars and into the streets. The Rowdy Roddy Piper fans were the worst though, fighting in alleys for hours with their stoopid sunglasses :tsk: . . .

Oh, now you're just taking the piss! :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th April 2013 09:27 PM

Hey, great a sports thread. :woot:

Rik 6th April 2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 333799)
Hey, great a sports thread. :woot:

The Times they are a Changin' - Bob Dylan - YouTube

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th April 2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 333800)

Finally.

People see sense and realize we don't need to call each other names and can discuss sport peacefully. :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th April 2013 09:43 PM

:mod:

Bringer Of Funerals 7th April 2013 10:22 AM

I reckon them Ric Flair chest slaps in the bars really hurt

Susan Foreman 7th April 2013 10:28 AM

Wrestlemania 29 is due to be held tonight

The card (subject to change) is as follows:

Singles match for the WWE Championship - The Rock (c) vs. John Cena
Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship - Alberto Del Rio (w/ Ricardo Rodriguez) (c) vs. Jack Swagger (w/ Zeb Colter)
Singles match - The Undertaker vs. CM Punk (w/ Paul Heyman)
Six-man tag team match - Sheamus, Randy Orton & Big Show vs. The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns)
Singles match - Ryback vs. Mark Henry
Tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship - Team Hell No (Kane and Daniel Bryan) (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston (w/ AJ Lee)
No Holds Barred match - Brock Lesnar (w/ Paul Heyman) vs. Triple H (w/ Shawn Michaels) [Stipulation - if Triple H loses, he must retire]
Singles match - Chris Jericho vs. Fandango
Eight–person mixed tag team match - Tons of Funk (Brodus Clay & Tensai) and The Funkadactyls (Cameron and Naomi) vs. Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow) and The Bella Twins (Brie and Nikki Bella)

Bringer Of Funerals 7th April 2013 10:43 AM

I'd like Brock to win & The Rock to win.

I have these of the WWE big box sets

Wrestlemania 1985-2007
Royal Rumble 1987-2007
Summerslam 1988-2007

2008 PPV box set
2009 PPV box set

Susan Foreman 7th April 2013 10:58 AM

There is no way that Punk will end 'Takers streak!

Bringer Of Funerals 7th April 2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 333889)
There is no way that Punk will end 'Takers streak!

Undertaker needs to retire eventually but I hope they don't break his streak

Susan Foreman 7th April 2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 333893)
Undertaker needs to retire eventually but I hope they don't break his streak

Suzewell predicts... 'Taker will retire undefeated at Wrestlemania XXX

Bringer Of Funerals 7th April 2013 12:56 PM

It was strange because the Wrestlemanias kept numbered with my age - so when I was 22 it was Wrestlemania 22 etc.

Yet Wrestlemania was made in 1985 and I was born in 83 so where did the numbers mess up

Susan Foreman 7th April 2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 333913)
It was strange because the Wrestlemanias kept numbered with my age - so when I was 22 it was Wrestlemania 22 etc.

Yet Wrestlemania was made in 1985 and I was born in 83 so where did the numbers mess up

That is strange!

The first Wrestlemania was in March, 1985, and they have been held yearly (either March or April) ever since

Bringer Of Funerals 7th April 2013 01:57 PM

The F5 looks painfull. I like Brock for the way he moves with the size he is

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 7th April 2013 04:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I preferred the old theatrics of the WWF....Hogan,Jake the Snake,The Undertaker and Paul Bearer.
Much more fun AND entertaining back then.

WOOOOOOOO :lol:

Susan Foreman 7th April 2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 333962)
I preferred the old theatrics of the WWF....Hogan,Jake the Snake,The Undertaker and Paul Bearer.
Much more fun AND entertaining back then.

WOOOOOOOO :lol:

Certainly fun AND entertaining?

Classic Mick Foley - Birth Of Mr. Socko - YouTube

Susan Foreman 8th April 2013 08:03 AM

Wrestlemania - Who won what:

Six-man tag team match - Sheamus, Randy Orton & Big Show vs. The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns) - The Shield won
Singles match - Ryback vs. Mark Henry - Henry won
Tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship - Team Hell No (Kane and Daniel Bryan) (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston (w/ AJ Lee) - Team Hell No retained the championship
Singles match - Chris Jericho vs. Fandango - Fandango won
Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship - Alberto Del Rio (w/ Ricardo Rodriguez) (c) vs. Jack Swagger (w/ Zeb Colter) - Del Rio retained the championship
Singles match - The Undertaker vs. CM Punk (w/ Paul Heyman) - Undertaker won, taking his Wrestlemania winning streak to 21-0
No Holds Barred match - Brock Lesnar (w/ Paul Heyman) vs. Triple H (w/ Shawn Michaels) [Stipulation - if Triple H loses, he must retire] - Triple H won
Singles match for the WWE Championship - The Rock (c) vs. John Cena - Cena became new champion

The Eight–person mixed tag team match - Tons of Funk (Brodus Clay & Tensai) and The Funkadactyls (Cameron and Naomi) vs. Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow) and The Bella Twins (Brie and Nikki Bella) - did not happen due to unknown reasons

The next pay-per-view is scheduled to be Extreme Rules, due to be held on May 19

Criterion7 8th April 2013 07:53 PM

So since I was home taking care of the GF last night, shes struck down with a bad cold, I decided to say shag it and order Wrestlemania. Hadn't watched much WWE in awhile so didn't really know the card going in.

Shield vs Orton and two other guys :p- Decent opening match. Not sure why people seemed shocked that the bad guy was bad after the match was over but it was a nice touch.

Ryback vs Henry- Mark Henry is still there..crap. Maybe he's gotten better..nope he still sucks and it seems a shame that this Goldberg clone lost to him. Nice what happened after when he pulled his move on Henry but this means this feud could continue. *shudder

Team Hell No vs Billy Gun 2 and big E- team hell no who are kane and the american dragon daniel Bryan carried the match. This Ziggler guy has apparently made himself into a clone of bad ass billy gunn

Fandango vs jericho- Worst then the match that preceded it because Jericho can wrestle. And honestly speaking of clones, imagine if you took Scott Hall(Razor Ramone for those who remember) made him dance salsa and took every ounce of "it factor" and talent he had..presto thats fandango

ADR vs Swagger- This one really bothered me. i know people who actually talk that racist crap in real life and its the absolute worst kind of cheap heat any wrestler can get. ADR carried Swagger to a decent match.

Taker vs Punk- really good match. Was a huge step down from previous Taker wrestlemania matches(when I don't watch mania I usually just watch the Taker match)

Brock vs Trips- This match should have been much better. It was slow and the crowd were just not into it. They tried to do a "real brutal" , got better near the end but it wasn't the match it should have been

Rock vs Cena- Gotta say I loved the energy of this match plus any match that makes the IWC whine and cry makes my day :)

Susan Foreman 18th April 2013 08:03 AM

Matches announced for Extreme Rules:

Triple threat match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Dolph Ziggler (champion) vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger

Bringer Of Funerals 18th April 2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 336394)

Triple threat match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Dolph Ziggler (champion) vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger

I prefer the name ECW One Night Stand

Susan Foreman 23rd April 2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

New matches announced:

Singles match for the WWE Championship: John Cena (champion) vs. Ryback
Steel cage match: Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H

Susan Foreman 8th May 2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

New match announced:

Singles match: Sheamus vs. Mark Henry

Bringer Of Funerals 8th May 2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 340201)
New match announced:

Sheamus will win

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th May 2013 07:40 PM

Class!

Undertaker Funeral Parlor Hulk Hogan Special Guest - YouTube

Susan Foreman 11th May 2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 340201)

New match announced:

Extreme Rules Match: Randy Orton vs. Big Show

There have also been some changes made to some of the previously announced matches.

The Cena/Rybeck match is now a 'Last Man Standing' match
The Ziggler/Rio/Swagger match is now a 'Triple Threat Ladder' match
The Sheamus/Henry match is now a 'Strap' match

mr 420 11th May 2013 11:34 AM

I'm and always have been a massive wrestling fan. I love the old American territories, Lucha and the Japanese companies like NJPW, All Japan, NOAH etc,etc. I even made a pilgrimage over to South Philly to see the original ECW at the bingo hall in the late 1990s.

My favourite wrestler of all time is without a doubt Mark "Rollerball" Rocco. The guy was so ahead of his time and was in my favourite feud too as the original Black Tiger alongside Tiger Mask in Japan.

I could go on all day.......