Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   TV shows based off films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/12144-tv-shows-based-off-films.html)

gag 28th March 2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 398236)
I've always enjoyed the Planet of the Apes tv series which ran for just 14 episodes in 1974.

Anyone who likes the films should definitely see it.

got all then the films tv show etc except tim burtons version pft
pure classic televison. re watched tv series just before xmas again anothher tv show feels like they didnt finish it of ending was a bit to be desired and could have been better or at least another episode or to with a better ending . but otherwise brilliant tv.

Dave Boy 28th March 2014 08:46 PM

My favorite episode of Planet Of The Apes is 'The Trap', where Burke and Urko are trapped underground.
Remember the animated series Return To The Planet Of The Apes ?

Roughale 31st March 2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 398232)
Didn't know they did a dusk to dawn ill have to look out for that

Also forgot Zombieland

Which hopefully never gets made, the trailer for it looked cheap and bloody awful...

FDTD is pretty decent so far, but they should move away from the film much more, because it shows the quality rift between the actors a bit too much for my taste...

Anth 1st April 2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 398230)
The daddy of them all.......Fame (probably not worth wartching though).

I would say the daddy of them all was MASH.

There are quite a few that have done it.

I used to like Alien Nation. Good film and good TV show. (It was only cancelled as it was so expensive to produce not because it was poor, and they continued with regular TV movies for the show).

There is also Chicago Hope was a TV series of William Hurts The Doctor (where Chicago Hope had everyone but William Hurt in it). I used to watch this soley as my mother loved it and we would watch it together.

Robocop - never watched it, but do know that back in the 90s the pilot for the TV show was making the rounds claimng to be Robocop 4.

Mr and Ms Smith is one I have always wanted to track down to watch simply as I have a thing for Jordanna Brewster who is playing Angelina Jolies role in the TV show.

I never watched it, but I was shocked to find a few years back Roy Schieders okish movie Blue Thunder was made to a TV series with Police Academy's Bubba Smith and Dana Carvey from Waynes World as rival to Airwolf.

There is also Highlander, which I loved the film, but never gave the TV show a chance. But then they made the fourth film a cross over - so gave it a miss.

And also A Nightmare on Elm street TV show - which when I was young I loved, but have not seen an episode in about 20 years so may be terrible now.

Make Them Die Slowly 1st April 2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 398280)
My favorite episode of Planet Of The Apes is 'The Trap', where Burke and Urko are trapped underground.
Remember the animated series Return To The Planet Of The Apes ?

Urko opened the Tesco store in Stevenage in the 70s. My friend has a signed photo from the day.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st April 2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 398721)
Urko opened the Tesco store in Stevenage in the 70s. My friend has a signed photo from the day.

Would your friend be called Ron? :lol:

Make Them Die Slowly 2nd April 2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 398728)
Would your friend be called Ron? :lol:

From Ron's rather explicit selfie on the "what are you listening to" thread, I imagine it would be difficult to tell Ron and Urko apart in the flesh/fur.

gag 12th April 2014 08:23 AM

Just seen a series advertised fargo im on my mobile and struggling to get a reception so cant google to see if its based of the film or not.

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th April 2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 399893)
Just seen a series advertised fargo im on my mobile and struggling to get a reception so cant google to see if its based of the film or not.

It's not exactly based on the film. It's an original story set within the films universe. Can't wait to see it. Watched the film again recently, and it's still as good as I remembered.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-ra...thers-blessing

Bringer Of Funerals 14th April 2014 12:49 PM

Would you watch a PREDATOR TV show or not?, also from what I have heard is FDTD the show is just splitting the film into episodes with different actors