Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   DVD Sales/Bargains (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/698-dvd-sales-bargains.html)

cloud 9th September 2008 03:49 PM

DVD Sales/Bargains

Yowza! Time to have our very own sales/bargains thread.

First up PoundLand have a stack of Hardgore titles. I already own a lot of them but did pick up VAMPIRE KILLER BARBYS today. I might also get VAMPIRES VS. ZOMBIES too next time I visit.

Anyroad, titles include;

Cannibals
Hitch-Hike To Hell
Deep River Savages
Aenigma

and tons more.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 9th September 2008 03:55 PM

Oooooh! I'll def have to check that out - especially Deep River Savages!

cloud 9th September 2008 04:00 PM

Just be warned though that DRS is cut. It's available on R1 fully uncut as Man From The Deep River.

vipco 9th September 2008 05:09 PM

All those titles are a fiver in Belfast HMV. We dont have a Pound Land over here.

Clouds right iluv's, DRS is cut of all animal violence, but everything else is intact.

Fulci's Cat in the Brain is also in that range and its uncut. ( Well worth buying ) Last Cannibal World is also in the HG range but its cut of animal violence and the rape scene. Not sure if thats all the cuts.
For full list, go to HMV Online and type in ' Shriek Collection ' and you'll get all the old Hardgore titles and artwork. ( Shriek Collection use HG's artwork as well as the same film print )

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 9th September 2008 06:03 PM

Hi! :)

As for DRS being cut - thats toughe cookies for me as they say, since I still am region-free-dvd-player-less :( So it'll have to do.

As for the Cat in the Brain and Last Cannibal World - I own both of them (Shriek) and love them both - Even though i know LCW is cut a lot - I thought it was really disturbing still (maybe AS disturbing as the CUT version of CH) - especially the torture scenes and there were a few scenes a animal cruelty left in. As for the rape being cut - it made the film seem so stupid! One minute the guy kidnaps a native, thumps her unconsious and next thing thier best of friends. At least with the rape scene in it makes more sense. Right? ;) lol!

Oh, yeah! I've also got Nightmares In A Damaged Brain on the Shriek collection DVD too. Not as gd as the other too, but an ok video nasty IMO.

:)

trench 9th September 2008 06:46 PM

Off topic, but iluvdvds what make and model number is your dvd player? You should be able to make it region free. Let me know.

cloud 9th September 2008 07:10 PM

You definitely need to invest in a multi-region player iluvdvds. I couldn't live without mine. Do you have a PS2? If so you can buy a disc for that which will allow you to watch any R1 disc. That's what I did before I bought a proper player.

More bargains and this is a big'un. Play, Amazon and HMV etc are selling BFI titles for ?7.99 each at the moment. I've got me eye on Dickens: Before Sound and The Innocents.

TALL DUDE 9th September 2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 13570)
You definitely need to invest in a multi-region player iluvdvds. I couldn't live without mine. Do you have a PS2? If so you can buy a disc for that which will allow you to watch any R1 disc. That's what I did before I bought a proper player.

More bargains and this is a big'un. Play, Amazon and HMV etc are selling BFI titles for ?7.99 each at the moment. I've got me eye on Dickens: Before Sound and The Innocents.

Nice one cloud,the innocents for ?7.99. I'll get me coat.

By the way,avoid vamps vs zoms like the plague,it is one of the worst films i've sat through.Not THE worst(that honour goes to hip hop locos.),but one of the worst. You have been warned!!:ack:

cloud 9th September 2008 07:29 PM

Hah, I read D'Amato on the back and thought he might have been related to Joe ;). I've got enough crap in my collection so I may well give that a go. I'm hoping they get The Intruder, Cat In The Brain and Turkey Shoot in soon and I'll buy them in a heartbeat. I was gonna buy the R1 of Turkey Shoot but for a quid in an uncut print then you really can't lose.

Have a look through the list of those BFI titles, they've got loads. Admittedly most don't really appeal to me but there are a few that are must haves. It's rare BFI ever put their discs in a sale.

Halloween_22 10th September 2008 02:28 PM

Went into Poundland today to have a quick look at those Hard Gore titles. Unfotunatley (Like pretty much everywhere else in Leeds) they didn't have a great selection. I ended up getting Jess Franco's 'Cannibals', 'Ghoul School', 'Thirst' and 'The Zombie Chronicles'. Wasn't much else really as I have 'Deep River Savages' already. Not bad for a pound though. I might have to keep checking, see if they get any more titles in as there's a couple I wouldn't mind getting hold of.

TALL DUDE 10th September 2008 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halloween_22 (Post 13641)
Went into Poundland today to have a quick look at those Hard Gore titles. Unfotunatley (Like pretty much everywhere else in Leeds) they didn't have a great selection. I ended up getting Jess Franco's 'Cannibals', 'Ghoul School', 'Thirst' and 'The Zombie Chronicles'. Wasn't much else really as I have 'Deep River Savages' already. Not bad for a pound though. I might have to keep checking, see if they get any more titles in as there's a couple I wouldn't mind getting hold of.

Best of luck with zombie chronicles mate...your gonna need it!:ack:

Halloween_22 10th September 2008 05:18 PM

That bad huh :D? Oh well, I'll give it a shot. It does look pretty terrible from the cover.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th September 2008 07:18 PM

Wouldn't wipe my arse with it Hal,in other words,shite!:D

Halloween_22 10th September 2008 08:36 PM

Bloody hell, I'm glad I only paid a quid for this :D and I haven't even seen it yet. Cheers for the heads up guys, maybe I'll put this one off for a bit. LOL.

vipco 11th September 2008 10:11 AM

iluvdvds uses X Box 360 and its unhackable. R2, R0 and ntsc 0 only.

BTW iluv's, Nightmare is cut if its the UK version.

bedorca 11th September 2008 12:36 PM

Good old Poundland

Getting the Halloween stock in early!! :D

gax 11th September 2008 01:56 PM

Poundland southend not 1 horror film in the whole shop.Southend has the worst shops in england HMV about 12 very overpriced horror dvds virgin or what ever its called is awful didnt see 1 horror film not made in the last 4 years, Southend is a massive fail

vipco 11th September 2008 03:28 PM

HMV in Belfast have the better selection of horror movies, though alot of them are the more mainstream type, but they do cater for the more cult movie fan better than Zavvi.

Recent bargains - Shriek Collection, ?5 , Box of the Banned 2 ?25 , Tenabrae ?5 and NOTLD, two different releases, one 15 cert, one 18 cert ?5. VIPCO double header Suicide/Dungeon, ?5 and Cannibal Apocalyspe , ?7.

Shamesless, Redemption, and new releases, ?13 to ?18. VIPCO Vaults 20 quid.

The small Zavvi have a small selection as does the main Zavvi, but thery're mainly more comerical type horror.
Not much bargains.
Shamesless, ?13.99, though they did have the Burning for a tenner and ABUK LHOTL single disc foe 3 quid.

Halloween_22 11th September 2008 03:36 PM

Seems I didn't check poudland very well yesterday as I went back in today after one of my mates told me that they actually had a big display at the back of the shop with all the Hard Gore titles on. Ended up Picking up another 11 today :ack: Don't know when the hell I'm gonna get round to watching them but figured I might as well get them while their going for a pound each.

Zavvi in Leeds is terrible. When it was Virgin the horror section was fairly decent but now it's one stand with a bunch of 'MTV' horrors (if you know what I mean). Last time I went in there was one copy of Killer Nun, no other Shameless titles.

HMV used to be a lot better but it's realy going down hill at the moment, the horror section seems to shrink every time I go in :mad:

cloud 11th September 2008 03:43 PM

I had a look in the Wednesbury branch of Poundland yesterday. Some good stuff but most of which have better releases on R1, the Harry Novak films for example (The Child/Hitchhike To Hell) are out on SE's via Something Weird. The rest look REALLY bad like Ghoul School and Butchered etc.

HMV is quite poor now yeah. Overpriced and lacking in choice. I used to love going into the city centre to visit Music Zone who were far better than HMV and Zavvi, were cheap and had a good choice but sadly they went out of business :mad:.
I do find the odd few bargains in Zavvi and HMV but most of my shopping is done elsewhere now.

Halloween_22 11th September 2008 03:57 PM

Yeah, some of them really do look terrible, although one of the ones I bought was Fulci's 'Aenigma' which should be worth a watch. There's a bunch more coming out next month aswell including stuff like 'Cat in the Brain' and a couple of ex-nasties 'Axe', 'Cannibal Terror' and 'Driller Killer' I think.

Music Zone was fantastic, I was so gutted when it closed down. Got loads of ABUK and Tartan stuff from there for really reasonable prices. I pretty much just stick to online shopping nowadays unless there's something really worth picking up in HMV. I usually get my Shameless films from there, not much else these days as like you said, a lot of their stuff seems to be very overpriced.

cloud 11th September 2008 04:11 PM

Aenigma is worth watching but I'd personally rate that as one of Fulci's lesser films. It'll be lovely if they do get Cat In The Brain in stock soon, I've waited ages for that to appear, likewise with Intruder. Cannibal Terror is a wonderfully bad film, well worth getting is that.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th September 2008 07:04 PM

Poundlands up here are absolute crap when it comes to these films,never seen any hardgore yet......

TALL DUDE 11th September 2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 13732)
Poundlands up here are absolute crap when it comes to these films,never seen any hardgore yet......

Yo reaps,the one in cumbernauld shopping centre had loads of 'em back in february when i was there.
The only reason i was alerted to this was because one of my sons was there with his mother and bought me raving maniacs as a xmas present.Ah,bless,i didnt have the heart to tell him after i watched it that it was utter shite,but there you go,its the thought that counts.
The poundland in falkirk is awful though,sod all but 23rd century laurel and hardy dvds...and steam trains.
Gonna take a trip through to (whats it called) cumbernauld soon to see if they have any new stock in.

cloud 11th September 2008 07:21 PM

By the way, I'm guessing everyone here knows that Play are selling Shameless titles for ?5.99 each at present?

TALL DUDE 11th September 2008 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 13739)
By the way, I'm guessing everyone here knows that Play are selling Shameless titles for ?5.99 each at present?

Cannae beat that! Still aint ordered what have they done to you daughters yet,along with the bfi release of the innocents.
Oh,and i'll have to check play to see if motorhome massacre is back in stock.
Cant help meself!;)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th September 2008 07:32 PM

Fill those collections spaces folks.....free p&p as well.....;)

cloud 11th September 2008 07:36 PM

You can have my Salvation What Have They Done To Your Daughters? if you fancy another trade ;) been trying to trade that one off for weeks!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th September 2008 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TALL DUDE (Post 13735)
Yo reaps,the one in cumbernauld shopping centre had loads of 'em back in february when i was there.
The only reason i was alerted to this was because one of my sons was there with his mother and bought me raving maniacs as a xmas present.Ah,bless,i didnt have the heart to tell him after i watched it that it was utter shite,but there you go,its the thought that counts.
The poundland in falkirk is awful though,sod all but 23rd century laurel and hardy dvds...and steam trains.
Gonna take a trip through to (whats it called) cumbernauld soon to see if they have any new stock in.

Only one I ever found in Falkirk Dude was Cheerleader Massacre.....

TALL DUDE 11th September 2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 13749)
Only one I ever found in Falkirk Dude was Cheerleader Massacre.....

And thats shite!!:D

TALL DUDE 11th September 2008 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 13746)
You can have my Salvation What Have They Done To Your Daughters? if you fancy another trade ;) been trying to trade that one off for weeks!

Nah,think i'll go for the brand spanking new edition!!

Whats up with the salvation release?
Are you upgrading?

cloud 11th September 2008 09:43 PM

I've got the Shameless release so no longer have any use for my Salvation one. Anyone fancy a trade?

Halloween_22 12th September 2008 05:58 PM

This is the next lot of 20 Hard Gores Poundland are releasing next month. Unfortunatley no sign of 'Turkey Shoot' or 'Intruder' though. I guess you can always pick them up on Shriek Collection for a fiver a pop which isn't too bad.

CREEPOZOIDS
DEAD CREATURES
A CAT IN THE BRAIN
CANNIBAL TERROR
HELLINGER
MANIACAL
THE ATTENDANT
BAGMAN
DEMONIUM
CANNIBAL DETOUR
PATRICK
NUTBAG
NIGHTMARES COME AT NIGHT
STRANGE BEHAVIOUR
NIGHTMARES IN A DAMEGED BRAIN
CUTTING MOMENTS
AXE
DRILLER KILLER
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
THE RED MONKS

btw, does anyone know how many titles Hard Gore released all in all?

cloud 12th September 2008 06:22 PM

Thanks for that list.

Demonium is shockingly bad, unfortunately I bought that. The director is the one responsible for Anthropophagous 2000 :rolleyes:.

Cutting Moments bored me to tears. Very amateurish.

Nightmares Come At Night is worth a punt for the special features.

Patrick and Strange Behaviour are getting SE releases by Synapse soon, likewise with Nightmares In A Damaged Brain which will also be the rarely seen uncut version (Code Red).
Driller Killer has a definitive R1 release so that's not worth getting, Axe has a good R1 release too (Something Weird) and the rest I've not seen. No doubt most of it is SOV dreck but A Cat in The Brain and Creepozoids are definites.

http://www.hardgore.co.uk/ that should list all their titles.

Halloween_22 13th September 2008 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 13789)
Demonium is shockingly bad, unfortunately I bought that. The director is the one responsible for Anthropophagous 2000 :rolleyes:.

And the Violent Shit trilogy :rofl: truly terrible, terrible films.

Thanks for the link I'll check it out now.

Yeah, i'm definatley gonna be getting 'Cat in the Brain' and 'Creepozoids' aswell. Been meaning to pick up the Shriek releases for a while but haven't got round to it, might aswell hang on and save a few quid. I've got better versions of some of the others already so probably won't bother with a lot of them. Might have to pick up that Code Red release of Damaged Brain you mentioned as I only have it in BOTB, would love to see the uncut version.

bedorca 14th September 2008 06:55 AM

H22. Great info.

Go to hardgore.co.uk for the full catalogue

I think someone at Poundland has realised Hardgore went bust a while back but are still using their banner on the DVD's!!!

I picked up 10 titles this week from my local Poundland :woot:

Watched 3 already (Cannibals :rofl:, Vampires vs Zombies :ack: and The Stink Of Flesh :woot: )

Need to get through The Wickeds, Butchered, Last Cannibal World (cut), Psycho Sisters, Cold Grip, Hitch Hike to Hell and Switch Killer

Looking forward to the new stock!!!!!

trench 14th September 2008 07:20 AM

Got "Death Wish" at Tesco for 3 quid, does that count?

vincenzo 14th September 2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trench (Post 13845)
Got "Death Wish" at Tesco for 3 quid, does that count?

Fully uncut version too. http://www.shameless-films.com/forum...coolgleamA.gif

mark meakin 14th September 2008 03:29 PM

I consider my Fu Manchu trilogy (Momentum) a bargain at ?8.00 off Ebay.I think it's OOP as the price is at least ?40.00 now on Amazon.I expect Optimum will re-release it in time as they've re-released Momentum titles like Soldier Blue,Escape From NY & The Howling.

Halloween_22 15th September 2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedorca (Post 13838)
Watched 3 already (Cannibals :rofl:, Vampires vs Zombies :ack: and The Stink Of Flesh :woot: )

The Stink of Flesh any good Bedorca? I quite fancied watching that one. I've ended up buying all 20 of the current releases but so far only got round to watching Vampire Killer Barby's and Aquanoids.

Zavvi have quite a good offer on at the moment on their world cinema DVD's, they're selling stuff like Battle Royale 2, Baise Moi, The Ordeal, Man Bites Dog and a some others (which I can't remember right now, sorry) for a fiver/ six quid each, not bad.