Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   VHS & Exploitation (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=573)
-   -   Troma (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/vhs-exploitation/955-troma.html)

Almar@Cult Labs 5th January 2009 07:15 PM

Keep talking everyone... thing is are you happy enough importing US DVDs - have you bothered thus far - what would you want to see from Troma DVDs?

Sam 5th January 2009 07:45 PM

I've only seen a couple of Troma films, Mother's Day and Tromeo and Juliet, both on Zone Horror. They were both pretty good. I remember reading about a film called Dumpster Baby (I think:confused:) in Fangoria which sounded interesting as well.

Personally, I wouldn't go out of my way to import Troma titles but would definitely consider investing in a few if they starting being released on r2.

NossB 5th January 2009 07:56 PM

The R2 Troma releases so far have all been pap.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th January 2009 08:52 PM

As I say,I've only a few,and also wouldn't go out my way to import them,but if they appeared on r2 uncut,well,it's another 'collection' to hunt....;)

NossB 5th January 2009 09:17 PM

This is a pretty good collection of Troma movies from BCI

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID....qx/details.htm

siccoyote 6th January 2009 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless (Post 19818)
Keep talking everyone... thing is are you happy enough importing US DVDs - have you bothered thus far - what would you want to see from Troma DVDs?

Well I'd like to see them done properly, remastered, uncut & widescreen if possible. (not shorter director's cuts)

Also maybe if there was a line of Troma releases (only the entertaining, Troma-Produced ones) with an episode of Troma's Edge TV & Trailers for other releases on each disc.

Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead (2006)
Citizen Toxie: The Toxic Avenger IV (2000)
Tromeo and Juliet (1996)
The Toxic Avenger (1984)
Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D. (1991)
Terror Firmer (1999)
Troma's War (1988)
Class of Nuke 'Em High (1986)
Parts of the Family (2003) (V)
Mother's Day (1980)
Combat Shock (1986)
Screamplay (1985)

I think that's about all the decent ones.

They'd have to be promoted well and manage to carve a niche and a die-hard fan base which I guess is how they've managed to survive in America.

And avoid releasing crap like Surf Nazi's Must Die, Teenage Catgirls in Heat or They Call Me Macho Woman, until the line is established and maybe as double-bills even then.

NossB 6th January 2009 08:08 AM

As poor as it is, I'm sure a more than a few people would pick up an uncut R2 release of Bloodsucking Freaks if it ever happened.

Almar@Cult Labs 6th January 2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siccoyote (Post 19852)
Well I'd like to see them done properly, remastered, uncut & widescreen if possible. (not shorter director's cuts)

They'd have to be promoted well and manage to carve a niche and a die-hard fan base which I guess is how they've managed to survive in America.

And avoid releasing crap like Surf Nazi's Must Die, Teenage Catgirls in Heat or They Call Me Macho Woman, until the line is established and maybe as double-bills even then.

Thanks for the detailed ideas - all sound good to me - not sure what is even remotely possible but maybe this strange Troma beast might have legs in the UK.

Pete 6th January 2009 09:58 AM

How can regular punters resist movies with title's like; Surf Nazis Must Die!, Maniac Nurses Find Ecstasy, Killer Condom, Poultrygeist etc. I reckon they would fly off the shelves.

Angel 6th January 2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NossB (Post 19853)
As poor as it is, I'm sure a more than a few people would pick up an uncut R2 release of Bloodsucking Freaks if it ever happened.

Difficult to see this ever getting through uncut.