Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The VHS Vaults (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=417)
-   -   Cannon Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/vhs-vaults/591-cannon-films.html)

Almar@Cult Labs 11th May 2018 10:04 AM

See for me I enjoyed the first (released) film better - as an action adventure film it's held up well over the years and is perhaps one of the very few Chuck films that actually has some feeling of excitement. That's not me being mean - I've been a Chuck champion (often alone!) for years.

Commercially I can see why they released the first one as I found the prequel a bit more gruelly, slow etc. MIA still I think remains the Cannon box office champion (?) which doesn't say a lot for the rest of their output...

I seem to be in a minority usually in liking the third film - it has some great set pieces and quite a wickedly vicious quality to it :rambo:. On a technical level the VHS releases suffered from an annoying hum - a bit like me talking about MIA films...:shocked:

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th May 2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 575224)
See for me I enjoyed the first (released) film better - as an action adventure film it's held up well over the years and is perhaps one of the very few Chuck films that actually has some feeling of excitement. That's not me being mean - I've been a Chuck champion (often alone!) for years.

Commercially I can see why they released the first one as I found the prequel a bit more gruelly, slow etc. MIA still I think remains the Cannon box office champion (?) which doesn't say a lot for the rest of their output...

I seem to be in a minority usually in liking the third film - it has some great set pieces and quite a wickedly vicious quality to it :rambo:. On a technical level the VHS releases suffered from an annoying hum - a bit like me talking about MIA films...:shocked:

I can't remember a thing about the third film. I haven't seen it since the days of vhs. I've never owned it on dvd.

My personal Chuck, Cannon fave has to be Invasion USA.

Almar@Cult Labs 11th May 2018 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 575227)
I can't remember a thing about the third film. I haven't seen it since the days of vhs. I've never owned it on dvd.

My personal Chuck, Cannon fave has to be Invasion USA.

I loved the concept more than the execution on Invasion USA but I suspect the last time I saw it was on VHS so I need to revisit. Sounds like homework needed both sides!

Demoncrat 11th May 2018 06:01 PM

Braddock has a naaasty tone to it ... imo. Recommended.

Invasion USA .... it's the best Xmas film with Richard Lynch in it :laugh:

:nod:

bleakshaun 11th May 2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 575271)
Braddock has a naaasty tone to it ... imo. Recommended.

Invasion USA .... it's the best Xmas film with Richard Lynch in it [emoji23]

:nod:

Whenever I see Richard Lynch in a film , I immediately envision him shooting someone in the dick

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Demoncrat 11th May 2018 06:26 PM

:pound: