Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The Washing Machine (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=537)
-   -   Which Ruggero Deodato Movies Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/washing-machine/12522-ruggero-deodato-movies-have-you-seen.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 4th August 2014 05:20 PM

Which Ruggero Deodato Movies Have You Seen?

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone,

Ruggero Deodato is perhaps one of the most controversial and twisted directors of all time. Being synonymous with Video Nasties, Cannibal films, Italian horror and extreme horror, it's no wonder!

With the special tin release of Ruggero Deodato's gruesome and rarely seen giallo, The Washing Machine out in just a couple of weeks, here's a thread to chat about all the Deodato movies that you've seen.

Vote for your ones you've watched above and let us know your thoughts below..

Nordicdusk 4th August 2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 413190)
Hi everyone,

Ruggero Deodato is perhaps one of the most controversial and twisted directors of all time. Being synonymous with Video Nasties, Cannibal films, Italian horror and extreme horror, it's no wonder!

With the special tin release of Ruggero Deodato's gruesome and rarely seen giallo, The Washing Machine out in just a couple of weeks, here's a thread to chat about all the Deodato movies that you've seen.

Vote for your ones you've watched above and let us know your thoughts below..

How limited are these tins?

Susan Foreman 4th August 2014 05:56 PM

At time of writing, I have seen...

Last Cannibal World - which I really don't remember much about
Cannibal Holocaust - which is an absolute classic
The House On The Edge Of The Park - which is incredibly powerful, even in the butchered VIPCO release

As far as I'm concerned, Ruggero Deodato is a director much like John Waters - I think everyone should see their films, but personally I am very uncomfortable recommending titles to people who are unfamiliar with their work, and it is impossible for me to sit down and actually watch something with a person who doesn't know what they are letting themselves in for!

Nordicdusk 4th August 2014 05:59 PM

Cannibal Holocaust and House On The Edge Of The Park are the only two i have seen i have Phantom Of Death which i will watch during the week.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th August 2014 06:05 PM

I've seen all of the poll choices (and more!)

I'm really looking forward to this new release of The Washing Machine. No doubt it will be far superior to my Thai DVD.

Andra Jai 4th August 2014 06:08 PM

I still can't believe we haven't yet seen a release of Raiders of Atlantis

Talk about long overdue

JAMIOUSE 4th August 2014 06:16 PM

I've seen a fair few - Cannibal Holocaust, Jungle Holocaust, Mountain of the Cannibal God, House on the Edge, Phantom of Death, Live Like a Cop and Suspected Death of a Minor. The last one seems to have mostly forgotten since Sazuma / Camera Obscura released it on DVD years ago.

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th August 2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 413209)
I've seen a fair few - Cannibal Holocaust, Jungle Holocaust, Mountain of the Cannibal God, House on the Edge, Phantom of Death, Live Like a Cop and Suspected Death of a Minor. The last one seems to have mostly forgotten since Sazuma / Camera Obscura released it on DVD years ago.

It will be seeing as it wasn't Deodato...t'was Martino. As was Mountain of the Cannibal God.

monkeypedro 4th August 2014 07:16 PM

The one Deodato movie i have been after for ages is the post-apocalyptic movie The Lone Runner with Miles O'Keefe.

Rik 4th August 2014 07:25 PM

I've only seen the two Cannibal films, THOTEOTP, Cut and Run and Phantom of Death, but I do have The Washing Machine pre-ordered and am really looking forward to checking it out, it's intrigued me ever since reading about it in the FAB PRESS Deodato book years ago :nod:

bdc 4th August 2014 08:04 PM

I've watched everything on there and more. ;)

Would love to see an unedited version of Zenabel and Gungala la pantera nuda. :)

Pete 4th August 2014 09:17 PM

I've seen:

Live Like a Cop, Die Like a Man,
Last Cannibal World
Concorde Affair
Cannibal Holocaust
House on the Edge of the Park
Raiders of Atlantis
Cut & Run
Body Count
Dial: Help
Phantom of Death

Sobral 5th August 2014 12:24 AM

I've seen all titles in the list except for Body Count.

JAMIOUSE 5th August 2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 413211)
It will be seeing as it wasn't Deodato...t'was Martino. As was Mountain of the Cannibal God.

So it was!

Demoncrat 5th August 2014 03:52 PM

Have only seen CH, C&R, HOTEOTP and TWM. Does the fact that I've seen CH at least 20 times make up for my shortcomings cough? ;)

Bringer Of Funerals 5th August 2014 05:25 PM

I'm going to disappoint you all - I've only seen 4 :(

lfulci 19th August 2014 02:21 PM

I've seen Waves of Lust, House on the edge and Zenabel

Rassilon 19th November 2014 09:30 PM

I have just finished watching The Washing Machine and must say I rather enjoyed it. Not as polished as a Argento movie but I quite liked its approach. Great little Easter egg too.

Rik 19th November 2014 09:40 PM

Still haven't unsealed my copy, had it months too!

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th November 2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 425925)
Still haven't unsealed my copy, had it months too!

Me neither.

It's going to be part of my Christmas marathon. :dance:

VeZius 9th May 2015 08:15 PM

Just watched The Washing Machine that Shameless released in the tin.

I was quite appalled by the quality of the release though. Every sound effect played twice, like there was an echo to them all the time! Dialogue and music were fine though. There was a constant low hum coming from the subwoofer the entire duration of the movie as well.

Is everyone's copy like that, or did I somehow get a messed up one?

Sam 9th May 2015 08:24 PM

Mine is the same sadly, I think they remastered the print by putting it in the washing machine!!

VeZius 10th May 2015 11:00 AM

That's pretty sad. Wonder if they checked the film at all before putting it out.

Rik 10th May 2015 01:03 PM

Looks like mine will remain sealed then

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th May 2015 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 448916)
Looks like mine will remain sealed then

This the first i've heard about it actually. I still haven't watched my copy though.

Bringer Of Funerals 10th May 2015 01:29 PM

I've only ever seen one Deodato film - the most famous one CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST

Rik 10th May 2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 448917)
This the first i've heard about it actually. I still haven't watched my copy though.

Me too, nobody has said on the Facebook group about it, but that's no great surprise

VeZius 10th May 2015 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 448922)
Me too, nobody has said on the Facebook group about it, but that's no great surprise

I suppose everyone bought it just for the packaging then. :lol:

PaulD 10th May 2015 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeZius (Post 448869)
Just watched The Washing Machine that Shameless released in the tin.

I was quite appalled by the quality of the release though. Every sound effect played twice, like there was an echo to them all the time! Dialogue and music were fine though. There was a constant low hum coming from the subwoofer the entire duration of the movie as well.

Is everyone's copy like that, or did I somehow get a messed up one?

Got to be honest, I didn't notice this but the sound setup I ave isn't exactly great.

VeZius 11th May 2015 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 448947)
Got to be honest, I didn't notice this but the sound setup I ave isn't exactly great.

That's interesting, it was extremely noticeable and annoying for me. Made it very difficult to focus on the movie itself.

What sort of setup you have?

I have a dedicated hometheater room with a pretty good 5.1 setup (with some effort put to acoustics as well). Not one of those "sets" you can get, but separately bought front/middle/surround speakers (can't remember the brand now!) and a BK Electronics Monolith-DF subwoofer. Used a PS3 to play the movie itself. They're all hooked to a Onkyo TXSR608 AV-receiver.

Vampix 11th May 2015 09:27 AM

I've seen Cannibal Holocaust and House on the Edge of the Park. I'd like to see Deodato's other cannibal flicks and Cut and Run. :nod:

Bringer Of Funerals 11th May 2015 10:01 AM

I've just clicked - I've seen 3

House On The Edge Of The Park
Cannibal Holocaust
Phantom Of Death

Rik 11th May 2015 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 448958)
I've seen Cannibal Holocaust and House on the Edge of the Park. I'd like to see Deodato's other cannibal flicks and Cut and Run. :nod:

Cut and Run is a film I'd like to see on Blu from 88 Films, only ever seen the version that's on YouTube, which I believe is cut (no pun intended) :nod:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th May 2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 448920)
I've only ever seen one Deodato film - the most famous one CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 448959)
I've just clicked - I've seen 3

House On The Edge Of The Park
Cannibal Holocaust
Phantom Of Death

That was quick.

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th May 2015 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 448965)
That was quick.

He didn't say he'd watched them.

Probably just saw them in HMV.;)

Lust4Lassander 21st July 2016 01:49 AM

I recently watched 'The Washing Machine' and loved it! What a strange movie!

:ilovecultlabs:

MrBarlow 4th May 2017 02:35 PM

I got The Last Cannibal World from Poundon it wasn't the full version of it. Can Shameless add this to their list for releasing uncut.

Rik 4th May 2017 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 531814)
I got The Last Cannibal World from Poundon it wasn't the full version of it. Can Shameless add this to their list for releasing uncut.

No chance of this getting passed the BBFC uncut because of the animal killings and sexual violence :nod:

bleakshaun 4th May 2017 03:54 PM

out of the 4 i've seen; Phantom of Death is not that good

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th May 2017 04:00 PM

The only ones from the poll i don't own are Body Count and Raiders of Atlantis.