Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Who Saw Her Die? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   SHAM014 - Who Saw Her Die? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/who-saw-her-die/399-sham014-who-saw-her-die.html)

Almar@Cult Labs 23rd May 2008 03:32 PM

SHAM014 - Who Saw Her Die?

Here's where to give us your feedback and thoughts on Who Saw Her Die?

DVD due for release on 28th July 2008.

Paul@TheOverlook 23rd May 2008 03:39 PM

This is a truly great film - one of my favourite gialli. Really looking forward to seeing what you do with this release.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd May 2008 06:22 PM

Another one I traded on here in anticipation to the shameless release....so I ain't seen it yet.....looking forward to it though....Venice....giallo...a match made in heaven....:)

Mojo 25th May 2008 06:02 PM

Agree with Paul here - this is a good 'un.

Looking forward to seeing it getting the Shameless treatment.

Almar@Cult Labs 27th May 2008 10:06 AM

Yeah this is a classic case of what we feel is a hugely underrated and under-exposed film in the UK hence us giving it a DVD release. We know the hardcore already know and love (and own!) the title but this is the kind of film that should be available on store shelves for the public to discover rather than some of the total dreck that's clogging up shelves.

JAMIOUSE 3rd June 2008 12:02 PM

Well the covers on the HMV website, it is listed under Glass Dolls though. :( How come were not been invited to pick the sleeves anymore?

Almar@Cult Labs 3rd June 2008 03:44 PM

Because I wouldn't want anyone to see that sleeve! It's a temp job we have to get ready early for the trade and unfortunately they end up being seen. I was showing the Strip Nude For Your Killer sleeve the other day for fans' approval - did you not see it?

JAMIOUSE 4th June 2008 08:51 AM

My laptop got nicked a few weeks ago so I'm not around as much on the forums I usually am. The Strip Nude sleeve is very nice Almar, I'm not tempted to purchase it again though. I might however pick up Who Saw Her Die? I seem to remember the ABUS disc wasn't especially bright or colourful.

Almar@Cult Labs 4th June 2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 7346)
Well the covers on the HMV website, it is listed under Glass Dolls though. :( How come were not been invited to pick the sleeves anymore?

An update on this - we fired off an e-mail listing this and other problems (Glass Dolls is on Zavvi) and this ridiculous situation with Ratman/Manhattan baby persists on Amazon to our sales company so they can take the various sites to task. If anyone spots any other mistakes do let us know.

Almar@Cult Labs 2nd July 2008 01:10 PM

Ok kids time for a look at the Who Saw Her Die sleeve as it stands... The tagline may well change - probably something like 'slut slut slut' or something like that...

There's some debate if it all looks a bit too old (bearing in mind there will be a classic reverse) as if we go this way it's classic artwork on both sides.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...Testsleeve.jpg

Sarah@Cult Labs 2nd July 2008 01:30 PM

I likes it. :woot:

It does look very classic but I don't think that matters. I mean, it does have a bloody big knife on the cover and a bleeding corpse. And then there's the title. I don't think anyone could be in any doubt as to what the film entails!

I really really like it.

JAMIOUSE 2nd July 2008 04:12 PM

I like that cover it looks more like an old novel than a DVD cover. But I like it.

Mojo 2nd July 2008 04:45 PM

It gets my vote, too. Excellent :cool:

bedorca 2nd July 2008 05:56 PM

Top cover that gets my vote :cool:

Beyond72 2nd July 2008 06:03 PM

Can't wait for this one. And yea that cover works for me too.

trench 2nd July 2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 8999)
I like that cover it looks more like an old novel than a DVD cover. But I like it.

Certainly gives the impression of a giallo book cover, that's for sure. It's a good one, I like it.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th July 2008 09:21 PM

Another beauty Almar,glad I got rid of the BU disc now.....;)

Jonny 6th July 2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless (Post 8993)
Ok kids time for a look at the Who Saw Her Die sleeve as it stands... The tagline may well change - probably something like 'slut slut slut' or something like that...

Yeah, you should definitely add the word 'slut' to the front sleeve, maybe also include 'dirty whore' somewhere too...

;)

Very cool cover art otherwise Almar.

Paul@TheOverlook 8th July 2008 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny (Post 9272)
Yeah, you should definitely add the word 'slut' to the front sleeve, maybe also include 'dirty whore' somewhere too...

Both of which describe the film's first victim ;):D

Zarith 8th July 2008 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless (Post 8993)

There's some debate if it all looks a bit too old (bearing in mind there will be a classic reverse) as if we go this way it's classic artwork on both sides.

It looks great! I love it. It's classic, but the bold and aggressive red title makes it eye-catchy.

With Femina Ridens, It's my favorite Shameless sleeve...

Almar@Cult Labs 8th July 2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarith (Post 9348)
It looks great! I love it. It's classic, but the bold and aggressive red title makes it eye-catchy.

With Femina Ridens, It's my favorite Shameless sleeve...

Ok! Well with a response like that I guess we should keep it!

dougal 8th July 2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless (Post 9349)
Ok! Well with a response like that I guess we should keep it!

Puts on pedantic hat - the R in 'her' should be behind the finger of the hand otherwise the perspective doesn't work... Takes off pedantic hat

Carry on everyone. You're all doing very well...

(As young Mr Grace might say)

vipco 8th July 2008 03:16 PM

Can't wait for this release and the arkworks an instant classic, though I think Dougal's right about the R.

Mojo 24th July 2008 04:18 PM

Who Saw Her Die? has been passed uncut ( rated 15 ) by the BBFC :)

trench 25th July 2008 05:40 PM

And with this fantastic artwork promoting it you can't go wrong :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Who-Saw-Her-...7007280&sr=8-1

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...;-1&sku=825657

Looks familiar...think I've seen it somewhere before. I know, I'm being facetious but I'd imagine that sort of thing needs sorted out.

Also, the Zavvi website is still showing SHAM010 as "Story Of A Cloistered Nun", no "Frightened Woman" to be found.

Almar@Cult Labs 25th July 2008 06:35 PM

Bain of my life all these site with wrong sleeves etc - it's not for the want of beating my head against a brick wall!

vipco 25th July 2008 06:37 PM

Zavvi had The Frightened Woman in the A - Z section as well as the horror section, still 8 sheets too.

Will WSHD be bumped up to 18 via trailers ala Ratman.?

Almar@Cult Labs 25th July 2008 06:40 PM

I'm glad they had it - I popped into Zavvi Oxford Street today and found one lonely Black Cat. I asked the staff about what happened to the Shameless titles? as they said: "don't know - they sold really well though" - argh! And no it's not their fault - no way - it's the mad system of ordering that's killing indie DVD retail in the UK - that and my crappy wrong sleeves!!!!

I'm going to have a beer now.

After that another one. :cool:

vipco 25th July 2008 11:40 PM

It pisses me off Almar to see good guys like you get treated so badly by the likes of Zavvi, HMV, etc when you offer them a product that people DO want and they adopt a 'could'nt care less' attitude towards ordering in more stock.

Shameless is getting interest from outside the hardcore horror comunity and these idiots who order stock for Zavvi don't see the benifits to be had by a little bit of effort at their end.
Its crazy.

Bet when Blackhorse release Cannibal Holocaust on the 28th, Zavvi will make sure it gets well stocked and displayed.

We on the forum all know how hard a 1st year its been for you guys , and I for one would like to thank you for persevering though all the hassle you do to bring us the quality product and rare films that are now a Shameless trademark.
So thanks mate and I hope you enjoy the beers. You deserve them.

Halloween_22 26th July 2008 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 10880)

Zavvi mightn't give a f**k , but we on the forum all do, and I for one would like to thank you for persevering though all the hassle you do to bring us the quality product and rare films that are now a Shameless trademark.
So thanks mate and I hope you enjoy the beers. You deserve them.

Hell yeah, You've always got us guys here on the forum. I'm sure I can speak for everyone in saying we'll be here till the end (Hopefully there won't be one :D I'm looking forward to seeing Shameless series 2,3,4 etc.) but anyway, you know what I mean.

It's the same here in Leeds, Zavvi's the worst for it. Ended up having to order most of mine from sendit and amazon because they never got new stock in :mad:

Anyway, cheers mate. I'm having a couple myself at the moment (can you tell? :)), it's been a long stressful week and now i'm going to kick back and watch a Shameless back to back of 'Killer Nun' and 'Torso'...All thanks to you and the guys at shameless Almar :D

Almar@Cult Labs 26th July 2008 12:30 AM

Ah bless your hearts Vip 'n' Halloween!

I've had my beers, a barbecue, an episode of the Sopranos and a Hammer House of Horror and I'm full of good cheer!

As matters stand we can't complain - a lot of indies are going to the wall right now and we're still here and it's these forums that had a lot to with perdsuading us it was worth carrying on so you guys very definately do your bit and it is appreciated - a lot.

The problem really lies not with Zavvi - they're up for the DVDs - it's the whole infrastructure behind most of the UK DVD market is hell bent on driving out the indies like never before - you see a company like Tartan go down and you know it's time to get scared. Expect to see more depart in the coming months (in fact a big stalwart of the UK DVD supply chain kicked the bucket today which is not going to help).

We're going to keep listening to what you guys want and where possible make it happen because it seems to work! What is interesting is that we increasingly feel that indie distributors that don't listen to their customers and just schock out the stuff are going to disappear and that's fine quite frankly. Shameless has changed a lot within its first year and that's down to you guys - it's also why the schedule keeps getting pushed back - we're up for trying harder.

Right - bed time - I'm starting to rant :ack:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th July 2008 03:15 PM

But they're spot on Almar,Blackhorse DO get shelf space in Zavvi with reissues they can't even be bothered resubmitting for recensoring-whereas Shameless ALWAYS deliver the goods where possible.HMV always have the titles in.....
Blackhorse are the 'Saniflow system' of the dvd world-they keep churning out the same old shite.....:rofl:

Almar@Cult Labs 26th July 2008 03:22 PM

Oh it didn't escape me in Zavvi that they still had umpteen copies of really terrible horror films so it's clearly a long road ahead...

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th July 2008 03:27 PM

You all know what a Saniflow is?:D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th July 2008 03:36 PM

Anyway-this one still on schedule Almar?-it seems like an eon since I sold my BU version without watching it-now desperate to see it....:)

Almar@Cult Labs 26th July 2008 11:37 PM

Yup - still on schedule - precious else is though!

trench 27th July 2008 12:56 AM

So this is out on Monday then? Happy days.

vipco 27th July 2008 01:31 PM

I cant wait for this one.
Be interesting to see what shelf space Shameless get with this title, compared to the Blackhorse release's the same day.

Almar@Cult Labs 27th July 2008 04:19 PM

Ah no the July releases moved to the end of August - so Monday 25th - I know, it's frustrating! But we had to give ourselves enough time to put together DVDs that deserve your bucks! ;)

trench 27th July 2008 04:49 PM

Cheers for the heads up, otherwise I'd have been in here cursing Zavvi and HMV this time tomorrow.