Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Why Don't Shameless Release...? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Shameless 2010 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/why-dont-shameless-release/1818-shameless-2010-a.html)

JAMIOUSE 21st December 2009 06:01 PM

HMV has Satan's Baby Doll and Pappya Love Godess Of The Cannibals listed! I hope it's wrong, these are titles I won't be buying again.

g053584398 22nd December 2009 01:23 AM

I never got around to picking up the US DVDs of those two, so I would definitely consider getting my hands on the Shameless DVDs if they were released.

g053584398 22nd December 2009 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 50050)
......more Giallo?:laugh:

More giallo would definitely get the thumbs up from me; particularly if they have never had licensed DVD releases before.

It would also be fantastic to see Lady Frankenstein or maybe The Devil's Wedding Night as well. Yes, I am very fond of Rosalba!

Almar@Cult Labs 22nd December 2009 10:11 AM

Hey Paul - Satan's Baby Doll and Pappya Love Godess Of The Cannibals are indeed planned Shameless releases but yet to see what will be done with them - I know other stuff is planned including a possible foray into Euro crime but there won't be more on this all until the new year - need to get Christmas out of the way first!

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd December 2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 54242)
Hey Paul - Satan's Baby Doll and Pappya Love Godess Of The Cannibals are indeed planned Shameless releases but yet to see what will be done with them - I know other stuff is planned including a possible foray into Euro crime but there won't be more on this all until the new year - need to get Christmas out of the way first!

Never seen any of these but I'll be all over them like a fat kid on cake.

Pete 22nd December 2009 12:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I gather you wont be releasing the XXX version of Satans Baby Doll.:biggrin:

The german cover for the XXX version is a bit naughty:eek::

Attachment 3880

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd December 2009 12:09 PM

WTF! lol never see a cover like that here on the shelves of HMV.Might make a nice reverse cover though lol

Pete 22nd December 2009 12:10 PM

The german covers dont leave much to the imagination, you should see the back of the covers for some of the D'amato releases.

I could not show them here!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd December 2009 12:12 PM

I have the Severin release of Satan's Baby Doll - the cover art is pretty boring - I definitely prefer the naughty German one. ;)

Almar@Cult Labs 22nd December 2009 12:12 PM

Safe to say the Shameless way is always to try for the naughtiest possible - we shall see!

Pete 22nd December 2009 12:14 PM

Does the VPRC still exsist?

Almar@Cult Labs 22nd December 2009 12:14 PM

Yup - Arrow actually got their approval on the SNDN sleeve!

nekromantik 22nd December 2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 54262)

Attachment 3880

OMG!! :eek:

That is crazy :ack:

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd December 2009 12:16 PM

Didn't you say it was optional Almar? I don't recall any VPRC logo on the shameless covers.I could be wrong.

Pete 22nd December 2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 54268)
Yup - Arrow actually got their approval on the SNDN sleeve!

Things have certainly changed since the Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers debacle!

Did you sumbmit the Torso cover to them?

Almar@Cult Labs 22nd December 2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 54270)
Didn't you say it was optional Almar? I don't recall any VPRC logo on the shameless covers.I could be wrong.

It does seem to be more of an option these days - Shameless never bothered - some of the early ones would not have made it through!

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd December 2009 12:25 PM

God bless the freedom of choice :lol: :bananasuit:

Pete 22nd December 2009 12:27 PM

There are probably some people who wish you had submitted them. Not me though, I like the early offensive covers.

Almar@Cult Labs 22nd December 2009 12:29 PM

Yeah - the edgier moments were fun - we were so sick of the slick blandness consuming everything. Killer Nun eh - what a sweetie!

Pete 22nd December 2009 12:32 PM

Killer Nun is prbobably the most in your face cover, my jaw dropped when i saw it!

Ratman is my fave though, i laugh every time i look at that cover.

No chance of seeing those type of covers again?

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd December 2009 12:32 PM

Be nice to see some more near controversial covers on the shelves.A friend of mine couldn't believe the tagline Whore Aboard on The Night Train Murders.I thought it was rather tame myself :lol:

Pete 22nd December 2009 12:36 PM

When Shameless first started i looked forward to seeing what tag line they would come up with next. When i saw The Black Cat cover for the first time i was a bit dissapointed until i looked at the back and saw ' When pussy goes bad!':laugh:

Almar@Cult Labs 22nd December 2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 54277)
Killer Nun is prbobably the most in your face cover, my jaw dropped when i saw it!

Ratman is my fave though, i laugh every time i look at that cover.

No chance of seeing those type of covers again?

I've been staying more out of them - hence taste got a chance to creep in!

Pete 22nd December 2009 12:42 PM

Get involed again Almar and say NO to good taste!

Satans Baby Doll
needs a sleazy cover!

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd December 2009 12:46 PM

I'm sure the classier covers get picked up in the shops a lot more than the riskier ones.

Almar@Cult Labs 22nd December 2009 12:47 PM

It's an eternal debate - the classier films deserve better but trash like Ratman you can have some fun with - there will be more I'm sure!

Pete 22nd December 2009 12:49 PM

I like the classier covers but i also like the offensive ones. But some films deserve an offensive cover, like Ratman.

I'm sure if Severin used those covers no one would complain.

Pete 22nd December 2009 12:51 PM

Ha! it seems we both share the same opinion about Ratman.

vincenzo 22nd December 2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 54285)
It's an eternal debate - the classier films deserve better but trash like Ratman you can have some fun with - there will be more I'm sure!

To be honest I hate the cover for Killer Nun. It's a pain in the eyes. :ack:

g053584398 22nd December 2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 54262)

Attachment 3880

Aye, that is a bit rude young man!

Pete 22nd December 2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 54242)

I hope you do release some euro crime, especially some of Lenzi's contributions to the genre.

Philleh 22nd December 2009 04:47 PM

What I wouldn't do for a release of The Tough Ones!

See that X-rated Kult cover? I would do that... on a wheelchair-bound man. Believe it. :ack:

You should see the back of that cover by the way! Ha.

Pete 22nd December 2009 04:52 PM

Yes, release The Tough Ones so i can see phil do that!:biggrin:

I thought Grindhouse were going to release it but it doesn't look like it'll ever happen.

Philleh 22nd December 2009 05:00 PM

Please do!! :nod:

Yeah, but they aren't very speedy are they? I have their Massacre Mafia Style release for Christmas though! :)

Maybe they'll pull their finger out in 2010? Or maybe Shameless can beat them to it???

Pete 22nd December 2009 05:04 PM

Ooh i didn't know Massacre Mafia Style was out. Must get a copy! They have loads of films listed on their site but there is no sign of a release.

If Shameless could beat them to TTO, it would be great!

Philleh 22nd December 2009 05:06 PM

It sure is, and is now a three disc set instead of the original two! :woot:

You can only get it from here though :doh:
http://www.massacremafiastyle.com/

Pete 22nd December 2009 05:09 PM

Cheers!

I might have to wait until after crimbo though.

Philleh 22nd December 2009 05:15 PM

Hopefully they'll have the sequel, Gone with the Pope, out before long too; it looks like tonnes of fun!!

g053584398 22nd December 2009 05:15 PM

Is there any chance of Shameless acquiring either Lady Frankenstein or The Devil's Wedding Night?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd December 2009 05:16 PM

Some of the best taglines in DVD history came from those early Shameless releases.....

Critter from the shitter!

Where whores meet saws!

Whore aboard!

At last the slut is uncut!

She's the bitch with the switch!

Classics :lol:

It's all about presentation!:cool: