Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   The Big Clint Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/1472-big-clint-thread.html)

vincenzo 13th June 2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 8205)
Just watched the new special ed.......best print I've seen yet.....btw Vince it's still an 18 cert mate.......

So far the 15 downgrading applies to the cinema re-release, though the DVD reclassification is bound to follow next.

Dirty Harry BBFC Reclassification (click on Spoiler Alert for more detailed info).

bedorca 14th June 2008 06:34 AM

Dirty Harry a 15 :woot:

Long may it continue!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th June 2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 7964)
I've been toying with the idea of buying the Blu-ray box set - it's very tempting, and given Warner's record for restoring their classics for the HD age, I reckon the new set will be a worthy upgrade.

Got the sdvd boxset yesterday for Father's day Paul,the goodies you get in it mate are superb....:cool:

Paul@TheOverlook 17th June 2008 03:24 AM

I'm sorely tempted, mate, though the cheapest I've seen the BLu-ray set for is ?60 :ack:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th June 2008 11:26 PM

You even get a Dirty Harry cop id wallet.....:D

another classic from THE ENFORCER---
'I'm standing on the street corner,and Mrs Gray there comes up and propositions me.....says that for five dollars she'll put on an exhibition with a Shetland pony.....'........classic....:rofl:

WaveCrest 23rd September 2008 11:23 PM

The Dirty Harry Collection is one of the best DVD boxsets which have come out this year.

I read on the web a while ago I think, that the end song played at the end of Sudden Impact you can't get on CD. I liked that song at the end of the film.

vincenzo 23rd September 2008 11:35 PM

From what I can remember it was Roberta Flack's "This Side Of Forever". I have it on the (vinyl) Sudden Impact And The Best Of Dirty Harry compilation album which I think was given a limited CD release.

WaveCrest 24th September 2008 11:13 PM

I'll have a look on eBay for it. Thanks for the reply and info. :cool:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd July 2009 07:29 PM

The Big Clint Thread

Just watched Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino.What a cracker of a film!The performances were all spot on.'Big Clint' is like a malt whiskey.He just gets better and better with age whether it be directing,starring,or both.:cool:
The man is a legend.
Feel free to discuss all things Eastwood here.:woot:

vincenzo 2nd July 2009 09:26 PM

I was worried when I saw the thread title, until I noticed the 'n' in Clint. :D

I agree. Gran Torino was great stuff. The ending seems to have split people equally but I think it worked.