Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Baba Yaga
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th May 2009, 06:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I finished Baba Yaga last night too, I have to say I really like it. I wasn't expecting too but I did. I've submitted a breif review to LoveFilm as well, the only other reviews are less than complimentary. I don't fully understand how the producers back in the day thought the film would be better with some of the scenes missing? The extended boxing ring scene makes sense, cut short as it was it just wouldn't. Very bizzare!
Old 5th May 2009, 07:25 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Thanks for standing up for old Baba on Lovefilm. I don't think it's an easy one to watch but it does grow on you.
Old 5th May 2009, 08:17 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I found it bizarre as well.It does look sumptuous though.I can see many a 'longhair' enjoying it back when it was first released,after a tab or two.As for the DVD itself,the Shameless releases just keep getting better.
Almar,your releases are a credit to you sir.Also,if it was Marc Morris who organized the transfer,then kudos to him as well.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 5th May 2009, 08:27 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Yes, I too was really impressed with the transfer of this release. I can only vaguely remember the butchered cut, as I watched it only once a fair few years ago, but from what I remember of it this release is a vast improvement. I really enjoyed the Corrado Farina interview and intro too. For a director that has had his film messed about with for 35 years, he seems a very humble guy!
Old 5th May 2009, 09:16 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
I found it bizarre as well.It does look sumptuous though.I can see many a 'longhair' enjoying it back when it was first released,after a tab or two.As for the DVD itself,the Shameless releases just keep getting better.
Almar,your releases are a credit to you sir.Also,if it was Marc Morris who organized the transfer,then kudos to him as well.
The credit goes to the people that work on the DVDs and make these things possible - Marc and also Garwin. In the case of Baba Yaga it was Marc's idea to get Farina to re-edit the film again. I'm just here to look pretty!
Old 5th May 2009, 09:43 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

You're too modest sir.......

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 11th May 2009, 08:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I can't find Baba Yaga on Amazon only the Blue Underground edition!
Old 11th May 2009, 09:25 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

It's the first one listed but Amazon seemed to have messed it up. It has the Shameless specs but the price & cover are wrong.
Old 11th May 2009, 09:45 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

history repeating itself once again...
Old 11th May 2009, 09:49 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Bah they're a pain at times. Couldn't find their arse with both hands.

Play have it but there's a 1-2 week delivery for some bizarre reason. Even Sendit have messed it up.

Like this? Share it using the links below!