Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > The Horror Tannery > Collecting Horror

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default Severin in the UK

Now that Severin have moved into the uk market,does anyone know if their upcoming releases of DEVIL HUNTER and BLOODY MOON will be uncut,or would I be better importing the U.S. discs?

IF YOU'RE LYING,I'LL BE BACK.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Play have both films down as uncut so it seems that they will be as Play's info is usually correct in this area.

Even so neither film has appeared on the BBFC site yet so we still await positive confirmation. It should appear next week. Play usually get their info from the BBFC or the distributor regarding an uncut status.

I can see no reason why Devil Hunter should not be complete.

Last edited by Angel; 11-01-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:20 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Thanks Angel.

IF YOU'RE LYING,I'LL BE BACK.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Of the former BBFC cuts to Bloody Moon the snake killing is the only one that would have been a problem. Their policy appears to have slightly mellowed on scenes like this now though, and the fact that it's a quick kill (unlike the one in Race With The Devil) should be enough to pass it unscathed.

I can't see problems with The Devil Hunter either, unless the BBFC reject it as being dangerously tripe (which it is).

Last edited by vincenzo; 11-16-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Their Devil Hunter and Bloody Moon releases will be the same as the American release (NTSC included), much like their Felicity and Vanessa discs.

What? is a great laugh for fans of Polanski. Also the only Severin title not to have a US release.

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 11-04-2008, 11:24 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

A review for the U.S Severin release of Bloody Moon here.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Both appeared on the BBFC recent decisions section today.No mention of cuts to either.Devil Hunter was submitted as El Canibal.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I can't quite see the same BBFC-uncut status being granted to the 3rd Franco video nasty. Namely Women Behind Bars.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:41 PM
Cult Rookie

Nevertheless, it's good news that The Devil Hunter and Bloody Moon have passed unscathed. I already own the Shock DVD release of Bloody Moon which was released in Holland yonks ago. Although that disc has sound sych problems in the first few minutes and some snippets missing due to print damage I don't think I'll be upgrading. Personally I've always found Bloody Moon to be one of the more tedious Franco films.

I will however be buying the UK Devil Hunter as opposed to the US one to show my support for Severin's decision to venture into the UK marketplace.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:03 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I'm very pleased to see Severin entering the UK market and hopefully they'll deliver some great stuff to UK fans. I'll definitely be picking up Bloody Moon and Devil Hunter, as I haven't got these yet. I'm also an unashamed Franco fan, which some people find unfathomable.

Like this? Share it using the links below!