- No member is allowed to vilify, personally criticise or humiliate another member on the basis of their film taste. Fun poking and banter of course should be allowed but we must remember we're talking about films and other entertainments we like - not competing cures for the ills of the world! If the guy running this site wants to declare he thinks Tango & Cash is the best action comedy ever made then let him say so without fear of being humiliated!
- If someone makes a mistake on their film knowledge and you know different then tell them in a nice way not in the way mentioned above because if you don't then all you end up with is a tit-for-tat pathetic argument site in which case you need to sign up for a trailer trash daytime TV show. If you don't agree with another member's point of view but you can't think of a way to politely and constructively criticise it then don't say anything at all. No one's forcing you to post!
- Absolutely no abusive comments of a racist/facist/sexist/homophobic etc. variety will be tolerated against other members and will lead to an immediate ban. We're not members of the PC brigade here but severe offensiveness of such a nature will not be tolerated. We might all enjoy the odd offensive film but the make-belief of the film world does not translate to the real world!
- If you feel an argument coming on please settle through either PMs to the member involved (in which case all the above rules still apply) or contact a mod.
- Mod's rulings must be obeyed. All mods are unpaid and work hard to keep a pleasant community and abuse against them will not be tolerated. In cases of disputes or grievances where you feel an unfair decision has been made please PM Almar for a final verdict!
- Threats against and general unfounded abuse about Cult Laboratories clients including Shameless Screen Entertainment Ltd and Arrow Video will not be tolerated on these forums. Few UK DVD companies open themselves up to such scrutiny and feedback as they do and we would ask that contributing members understand that intentions are always good on behalf of those companies and we welcome constructive criticism - especially where alternative ideas and solutions are offered. Negative slagging off is not welcome - we can do that perfectly well ourselves! If you do have a specific problem with a client product you have purchased we would like to hear about it direct so we can resolve it quickly to your satisfaction.
- We hope that people will enjoy their visit to the Cult Laboratories forums and the rules above have only been introduced because of a very tiny minority spoiling it for others. To that end we would assume and very much hope that the above will never apply to most members.
A few points to keep in mind:
- Only one username per person. If you'd like to change your username after you register, get in touch with the administrator.
- When thinking of starting a thread please do a search to see if there is already a thread on the forum regarding that particular topic.
- Discussion of piracy of any nature is strictly prohibited and will be removed, even if it is in regard to a title that is unavailable to buy or rent. By all means discuss the film but please no mention of share/rip sites.
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed
below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below.
If you would like to cancel the registration, click here
to return to the forums index.
Cult Laboratories stores and maintains your account information and copies of your posts, blogs and comments, including drafts, in order to provide the service.
Cult Laboratories asks for some personal information when you sign up, including your email address and a password, which are used to protect your account from unauthorised access.
You agree that you are responsible for your own use of the Cult Laboratories service, for any posts you make and for any consequences thereof. You agree that you will use the Cult Laboratories service in compliance with all applicable local, state/county, national and international laws, rules and regulations.
Cult Laboratories takes no responsibility for third-party content (including, without limitation, any viruses or other disabling features), nor does Cult Laboratories have any obligation to monitor such third-party content. Cult Laboratories reserves the right at all times to remove or refuse to distribute any content on the Service, such as content which violates the terms of this Agreement.
Although the administrators and moderators of Cult Labs will attempt to keep all objectionable
messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of
the author, and neither the owners of Cult Labs, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin)
will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar,
sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of Cult Labs reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread/post for any reason.