Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3575Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th December 2011, 01:15 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

30 new releases a year is far too many in such a competitive marketplace. No wonder stores only take one copy for their shelves. Any more and the racks would just be full of CR films. (Which would be lovely for you i know).

It would make more sense to me releasing 10 - 15 quality films a year and giving them a slightly bigger marketing push than buying however many films that only sell 3-500 copies and losing money on them.

Without Bdc telling us what is coming up from CR i wouldn't have a clue, and even then i haven't heard of 60% of them and i've been buying films for twenty + years.
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 13th December 2011, 08:20 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
30 new releases a year is far too many in such a competitive marketplace. No wonder stores only take one copy for their shelves. Any more and the racks would just be full of CR films. (Which would be lovely for you i know).
I use to have 11-12 a year, and store still only buy none to one. Now with 34 titles released in 2011, they still buy none to one copy. I ask one store who had a large order of Severin/Synapse/BluUndeground titles but only 1 code red. the answer I received is "code red is not popular than the other labels". 1 copy of MESSIAH OF EVIL (which was sold out within 2 days) but large amount of other labels sitting like mistakes. Oh well. Stores should judge by the title and not by the label. NIGHTMARE would've actually sold more than the tiny amount that it did.
Old 13th December 2011, 09:53 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by codered View Post
I use to have 11-12 a year, and store still only buy none to one. Now with 34 titles released in 2011, they still buy none to one copy. I ask one store who had a large order of Severin/Synapse/BluUndeground titles but only 1 code red. the answer I received is "code red is not popular than the other labels". 1 copy of MESSIAH OF EVIL (which was sold out within 2 days) but large amount of other labels sitting like mistakes. Oh well. Stores should judge by the title and not by the label. NIGHTMARE would've actually sold more than the tiny amount that it did.
How come CR aren't popular?

Why do you seem to have a poor reputation?

This is all news to us in the UK.
Old 14th December 2011, 06:34 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
How come CR aren't popular?

Why do you seem to have a poor reputation?

This is all news to us in the UK.
well, check any troll on message board. then see if they have a facebook or myspace account. they are usually friend with one dvd label. It's a smear campaign. also click to see who the trolls are kissing up to, then you see only one dvd labels. It's kind of thing children do to see who'll be the popular kid and king of the hill. whoever new comes out, he'll get kick down the hill. Plenty of room for all of us, but several people dont think that way. This is why I am putting out the "bottom of barrell exploitation" but I guess they feel if I am gone, the normal business they are getting are going to get bigger?
Old 14th December 2011, 09:49 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by codered View Post
well, check any troll on message board. then see if they have a facebook or myspace account. they are usually friend with one dvd label. It's a smear campaign. also click to see who the trolls are kissing up to, then you see only one dvd labels. It's kind of thing children do to see who'll be the popular kid and king of the hill. whoever new comes out, he'll get kick down the hill. Plenty of room for all of us, but several people dont think that way. This is why I am putting out the "bottom of barrell exploitation" but I guess they feel if I am gone, the normal business they are getting are going to get bigger?
I'm no expert, so sorry in advance if I'm sounding like I'm trying to tell you your business and how to run it; but surely it's a case of getting more people on board, like us, (who are satisfied customers) to do more to spread the word thorugh the very same medium that the trolls use? We would do it because we want to see more titles released on Code Red. It's a no-brainer. For example, I use Facebook to advertise independent music artists that I like as well as movie news and release news.
It wouldnt' have to be confrontational or argumentative, just statements of our support, on social networks etc.
Old 14th December 2011, 01:09 PM
Active Cultist

VOODOO DOLLS/MADONNA at DVD Drive-In.
Old 14th December 2011, 03:02 PM
Active Cultist

my 2011 Code Red coverage: Code Red Releasing 2011 Review Index
Old 15th December 2011, 07:50 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I love the Code Red releases I own (The Visitor, in particular!), and agree that the smear campaigning of one DVD label versus another is stupid and childish. I, for one, am glad to see anyone stepping up the plate to release these cult, obscure or just plain AWESOME films to the masses, and support Blue Underground, Code Red, Wild East, Severin, One Seven/Mya, Synapse alike in their endeavors.

Would it be better if only one or NONE of these companies existed? I don't think so.
Old 15th December 2011, 07:54 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyther View Post
I love the Code Red releases I own (The Visitor, in particular!), and agree that the smear campaigning of one DVD label versus another is stupid and childish. I, for one, am glad to see anyone stepping up the plate to release these cult, obscure or just plain AWESOME films to the masses, and support Blue Underground, Code Red, Wild East, Severin, One Seven/Mya, Synapse alike in their endeavors.

Would it be better if only one or NONE of these companies existed? I don't think so.
Who is / was doing the smearing?
Old 15th December 2011, 07:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Who is / was doing the smearing?
I was referring to this, RE: Code Red

Quote:
"well, check any troll on message board. then see if they have a facebook or myspace account. they are usually friend with one dvd label. It's a smear campaign. also click to see who the trolls are kissing up to, then you see only one dvd labels. It's kind of thing children do to see who'll be the popular kid and king of the hill. whoever new comes out, he'll get kick down the hill. Plenty of room for all of us, but several people dont think that way. This is why I am putting out the "bottom of barrell exploitation" but I guess they feel if I am gone, the normal business they are getting are going to get bigger?
Apologies if context was confusing!

Like this? Share it using the links below!