View Single Post
Old 28th February 2011, 02:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Although I have yet to see the uncut version of I Spit on Your Grave on the Blu-ray I have had fo week or so, I found the remake to be a decent watch but a different film from the original, of which I am a fan.

Interesting you should mention the two cops in Last House on the Left as I feel that the slightly uneven tone with their comedic interludes adds to the violence and disquieting nature of the film, something that was extremely lacking from the remake that was, in my view, distasteful.
Yeh exactly, the remake of I spit was made to be a movie on its own. Like I mentioned before, even the director of the original enjoyed it. its not meant to be strict remake. More of a modern version of that same idea.

I gotta disagree with the cops, the movie is meant to be a brutal and harsh flick so adding comedy ruins it as it just dont go with that type of movie. Brain Dead is the type of movie that can be brutally violent and yet funny as the funny parts dont take any atmosphere away while in movies like Last House it needs the atmosphere to be left as it is so you dont get taken away from the movie.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr