Thread: Twin Peaks
View Single Post
Old 29th March 2011, 10:38 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentofan View Post
I did watch the film, it wasn't as good as the series but it was good to see more of Laura and it added alot more to the story and resolved some loose ends.
Sorry for the belated reply, not checked this thread for a while. Glad to hear you enjoyed the film even if you weren't exactly knocked out by it. I'll always be curious to know how I'd have reacted to the film if I'd watched the series first and not the other way round. Impossible to say really, but I must admit when I got round to initially watching the series (a good while after watching the movie) it did take me a while to adjust to the slightly different tone it had to the film.

When it comes down to it though I don't think there's one I prefer over the other. Sure, there are whole episodes of seeming filler in the show I can quite happily skip over but that's the case with almost all TV series I've watched really so I don't consider that a failing as such.

Just curious btw but is there anything specifically about the series that you thought was missing from the film that might have improved it for you? There's certain characters missing from the show that I was sad to see excised from the film but to be honest I think their presence might have shifted the tone too much in the "wrong" direction. E.g. Whilst he does give me a giggle on occasion I think someone like Deputy Andy would have stuck out like a sore thumb in FWWM.