View Single Post
Old 9th May 2011, 05:04 PM
Cult Rookie

Well done guys, a very impressive step against censorship and me the big wimp gets to be hypocritical and only see the "ok" animal cruelty.

To play devil's advocate, a great number of the old western movies that are now classic employed a huge amount of cruelty to the horses and yet because it is not explicitly portrayed, it has the veneer and sheen of everything being "ok", this being before the days of regulation in regard to animals on film sets, when a horse was tripped up by a strung lasso, this was not a special effect, a horse would have actually been tripped up, often times these animals would break their legs and have to be put down.

Just thought it would be an interesting consideration within the discussion of this inarguably controversial, yet fundamental and important piece of film-making, that I honestly believe, spawned the the modern pseudo documentary shockers that do so well at the box office.

Without Cannibal Holocaust, there is no Blair Witch, or Paranormal Activity, ( I am sure there is an example I am missing that even predates Cannibal Holocaust ).

This is in some ways a happy compromise, but a compromise nonetheless.

Congratulations.