Thread: Saw V (2008)
View Single Post
Old 17th October 2008, 06:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

They can bring out SAW XX for all I care, provided they keep as consistent as they have been. After SAW III I was convinced part IV would fail because I couldn't see where they could have taken it, but amazingly they wrote another good sequel. SAW V stands an even better chance imo, because it's a new beginning and actually this should be their best sequel because there is so much material they can use, so many places they can take it. I heard that Leigh Whannell and James Wan were gonna quit after SAW III (I think they said it in their commentary) but were talked into staying on board for the next one, I dunno if they're working on this and the next though but if they are it'll be good news indeed. I think the key to the series' success has been keeping a winning team together, it's also a breath of fresh air and two unknowns (Wan and Darren Lynn Bousman were gambled on and worked). BUT with Bousman not directing this one that's gotta be looked at as a gamble, and I hope it pays off because he was doing an excellent job.