View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:45 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'enfant Errant View Post
The issue isn't that Arrow is mucking things up either - it's clearly a different master (colors and framing are totally different), and I have no doubt it's made by the same guys who remastered Django and New York Ripper and all of those other transfers BU has released - but that right there is... strange. Nowadays when a new HD master is made everyone more or less uses the same one, and even when they fuss with it (ie: INFERNO) the original film scan is basically the same in the US, UK, France, Japan and anywhere else the film has surfaced since about 2007.
As far as I know, BU supervise their own transfers/2k scans for their BD releases, they don't 'buy in' transfers, as it were. They make their own. So with that in mind, there's also now two transfers of Inferno kicking around too. But does that really matter? Just buy whatever suits you. It can't be that difficult, surely? So you don't like the 'look' of an Arrow release. Then don't buy it. Simple as that, really.

To be honest, I've never noticed edge enhancement...ever. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough? Then again, if my focus was on looking for defects in the image, I wouldn't be relaxing and enjoying the film.