View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2011, 01:32 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Looks like one of those early 90's 'erotic thrillers' that populated video shops in great proliferation. I'll go for the reverse artwork, which will hopefully be something a bit more classy.

I understand that Shameless want to shift as many units as possible and lurid covers undoubtedly facilitate this. But, consider this, if I were a casual punter and picked it up thinking it would be some sleazy epic and discovered that it wasn't, I probably wouldn't buy anymore Shameless titles. So this could work against sales of future titles, couldn't it?

Just making casual observations, I obviously don't work in the industry so I'm not sure about customer demographics and all that. I hope it does well for Shameless, but can't help feeling that the cover is a bit misleading. You can't have a cheap and tacky cover with the tagline 'Fulci's masterpiece', it just doesn't work. I know the cover is aimed at casual shoppers, but that being the case, how many would even know who Fulci is? Makes the tagline a bit redundant if it's aimed at high street shoppers.