View Single Post
Old 27th July 2011, 12:20 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Just about to settle down to watch The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo for the very first time. Can't wait.
i have all three of them but haven't gotten around to viewing them yet, the first is a apparently the best of the three...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryJack View Post
Watched "Dance of the dead". I thought I was going to hate it but I actually enjoyed it a lot. Plenty of Eighties style gore.
I highly rate Dance Of The Dead, it's one of my favourite of the recent low-budget zombie flicks, that and ZMD: Zombies Of Mass Destruction.

I watched a few films today, the first was a film called The Men that was on TCM and is Marlon Brando's first film, was very good story of Paraplegic war Veteran coming to terms with the loss of his legs.

Second film was JJ Abrams's Star Trek, saw it in the cinema and really disliked it, gave it a second viewing and found that this time i really did enjoy it, strange how that happens.

Final film of the day was Super, from James Gunn (Slither) which is a dark comedy about a guy who becomes a masked vigilante. It's been compared to Kick Ass but this is way more violent and dark than that film, this has a strange sort of Taxi Driver feel and the ending is very powerful. Great cast too that includes Rainn Wilson, Ellen Page, Michael Rooker, Liv Tyler and Kevin Bacon, Defo worth a watch.