View Single Post
Old 30th July 2011, 11:07 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yesterday afternoon/evening I had a Blu-ray triple bill of:

Dead & Buried which has a great premise and some great death scenes. It isn't the most accomplished or scary horror film I've ever seen, but it's certainly one I'll revisit and then go through the three commentaries.

The Human Centipede (First Sequence) which manages to be as intense, gory and funny as the first time I saw it, if not more so. I really don't know why the BBFC thought the premise for this one was okay but the sequel wasn't as they're both pretty outrageous.

Se7en, which I first saw when it was released on video and have bought on every format since. This Canadian mediabook doesn't have any literature, but the DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 track is outstanding and the HD picture, taken from the digital negative, is outstanding. I don't know why it's not generally recognised as a horror film given the content and some of the more graphic scenes.

I also watched Intruder on DVD, a film I hadn't previously heard of until it was mentioned on one of the artwork threads. It has an unusual blend of suspense, gore and some odd humour (including a reference to The Three Stooges) but, all in all, works very well and a re-release with an improved picture and more extra features would be most welcome.