View Single Post
Old 1st October 2011, 12:47 PM
Cult Rookie

There's seems to be a lot of anger directed at this reviewer, i don't agree with his opinion either but surely he's allowed to post his opinion, him comparing the picture to being like a worn out VHS is obviously nonsense i've had Cannibal Holocaust in many incarnations over the last 20 years (Belgian VHS, Dutch VHS, Dutch DVD and the Ultrabit DVD) but i thought the bit rate on the Blu-ray was pretty low when compared to contemporary releases but this is probably due to fact nearly 4 hours of HD data was stuffed on to one disc and the extras looked like it was upscaled SD this is why The Lord Of The Rings Blu-rays are split accross two discs i would've been more than happy to spend a bit more money to have the original film on a separate Blu-ray, the only way that products can be improved upon is if the consumer feels able to put forward an opinion if this didn't happen we'd still be watching panned and scanned VHS tapes but if someone feels like their going to get an avalanche of anger the minute they don't agree with the majority then they won't feel comfortable doing so.