Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1970's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=552)
-   -   The Devils (1971) (Ken Russell) Discussion Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1970s/156-devils-1971-ken-russell-discussion-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th November 2011 11:32 AM

This is great news. AND an extras packed disc to boot.

Can't believe some are actually complaining about a cover that they haven't even seen yet.

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th November 2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 196848)
Can't believe some are actually complaining about a cover that they haven't even seen yet.

It's what we British do. :D

Gojirosan 11th November 2011 01:04 PM

I like BFI's covers.

Pity it's the X cert version. I probably won't bother.

The Limey 11th November 2011 02:15 PM

March the 19th release date

We have a listing - March the 19th:

The Devils DVD | Contemporary Film | Films by Movie Mail UK

trouserpress 11th November 2011 02:19 PM

Such a shame we're not getting the BFI restoration, and it seems odd that there's no blu ray. In February the BFI are putting out Norman J. Warren's first film, a sexploitation oddity called Her Private Hell, on blu ray (I know because I've written sleeve notes), and yet they can't put out one of the most notorious classics in film history on the HD format?

The Limey 11th November 2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trouserpress (Post 196917)
Such a shame we're not getting the BFI restoration, and it seems odd that there's no blu ray. In February the BFI are putting out Norman J. Warren's first film, a sexploitation oddity called Her Private Hell, on blu ray (I know because I've written sleeve notes), and yet they can't put out one of the most notorious classics in film history on the HD format?

I share that sentiment frankly. Whatever disappointment anyone might feel that this is not the restored 2004 edition would have been at least partly made up for with the BFI version being released in HD. Maybe if interest in this title is high enough the BFI will reconsider a BD release?

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th November 2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 196883)
I like BFI's covers.

Really? They're hideous.

Wes 11th November 2011 02:44 PM

I'll be just happy to have it on DVD finally... I remember throwing away my old Warners Maverick Series widescreen VHS copy when DVD first emerged, thinking a DVD release was just around the corner. How wrong I was...

hallo37 11th November 2011 03:59 PM

I'm just glad it's finally being released - been waiting a looong time for any DVD of this :)

Rik 11th November 2011 04:00 PM

Haven't seen this in years, as I've said on the official thread for the Devils, so I'll be preordering as soon as I can :)

"They all float down here, they allll floaaaattt!!!"