Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1970's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=552)
-   -   Living Dead at Manchester Morgue (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1970s/7784-living-dead-manchester-morgue.html)

mark meakin 1st February 2012 09:08 AM

I saw this prior to ZFE & I love the film.Beautifully atmospheric,gory & quite well dubbed too.It certainly lived up to my expectations.

pestis 1st February 2012 02:05 PM

That's great news, thanks.

I looked at the blu ray at Play but was put off as it said it was region 1... then I noticed it said region 1 dvd... confused.

Prince_Vajda 1st February 2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestis (Post 213454)

I looked at the blu ray at Play but was put off as it said it was region 1... then I noticed it said region 1 dvd... confused.

Don't worry, the Blu-ray is definitely region free. :nod:

Greetings!

PaulD 1st February 2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestis (Post 213454)

Yeah, sites like Play and Amazon are useless when it comes to specifying the region coding of discs. If it's bluray then the best place to check is blu-ray.com to be honest.

pestis 2nd February 2012 12:08 AM

Thanks guys, I'll be placing an order :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd February 2012 07:25 AM

Let us know what you make of it!

Only thing you'll be disappointed with is BU's artwork!:crazy:

profondo rosso 2nd February 2012 09:11 AM

Been a while since i watched this but i remember liking it for its locations, soundtrack and hilarious dialogue! great stuff....must watch again.

mlink73 6th February 2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 213079)
A classic.
Rivals Romero's original zombie opus.:nod:

Couldn't agree more.....an absolut classic zombie flick!!!:pop2:

VicDakin 6th February 2012 10:27 PM

Living Dead at Manchester Morgue

2 Attachment(s)
Just recently re watched the Blue Underground blu,have'nt watched it for awhile,and agree with all right thinking zombie fans,its a cracking zombie movie,i think people forget that this came before Romero's Dawn and Fulci's Zombie.Also very fond of my Corpses tin.

Paul 7th February 2012 02:20 PM

Contrary to popular belief, it wasn't filmed in the lake district. It was filmed in the peak district in Derbyshire. The town featured in it Castleton. I went there last year and walked passed the hotel in the film. (which is called the Castle Hotel in reality). The church is in a place called Hathersage about 6 miles from Castleton and the river with the stepping stones is in Dovedale. I'm going to try and visit them later this year.:nod: