Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1980's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=553)
-   -   The Evil Dead Saga (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1980s/3083-evil-dead-saga.html)

Susan Foreman 21st August 2013 02:57 PM

ASA unsurprisingly find Evil Dead (2013) advert too scary for kids

ASA Adjudication on StudioCanal Ltd - Advertising Standards Authority

Rik 20th October 2013 03:28 PM

Little bit of AOD2 news from Sir Bruce of Campbell

Bruce Campbell Confirms 'Army Of Darkness 2' Is Happening!! -

Rik 26th October 2013 11:07 PM

More news regarding AOD2 :woot:

Sam Raimi Confirmed To Direct 'Army of Darkness 2'! -

Rik 30th October 2013 12:26 PM

Some ED2 news

“EVIL DEAD 2″ Won’t Come from Remake Director Alvarez | FANGORIA®

Rik 25th July 2014 07:22 PM

Possible Evil Dead TV series?

"Evil Dead" TV Series Being Developed By Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell! #SDCC -

Vampix 26th July 2014 12:01 AM

Wow, I never would have thought while watching the Palace Video VHS of The Evil Dead on my old Ferguson Videostar all those years ago that it would spawn a succession of sequels, a remake, a musical, and now, possibly, a TV series! All that from what was once held up as a sickening video nasty that would deprave and corrupt any youngster that would dare to watch it. :lol:

Gothmogxx 10th November 2014 08:58 PM

Evil Dead TV Series Starring Bruce Campbell Coming to Starz - IGN

SShaw 10th November 2014 09:43 PM

:(

trebor8273 11th November 2014 06:53 PM

This could be good all the other starz shows I have seen I enjoyed. Black sails and Spartacus

gag 22nd April 2017 05:45 PM

Here what I saw on internet looks good even tho its in german .

Pretty Packaging: An Uncensored EVIL DEAD Has Finally Arrived In Germany

Demoncrat 22nd April 2017 08:12 PM

Have a mate who will not even talk about AOD. Loves 1st 2 etc...
So this will be interesting :lol:

SymbioticFunction 22nd April 2017 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 529766)
Here what I saw on internet looks good even tho its in german .

Pretty Packaging: An Uncensored EVIL DEAD Has Finally Arrived In Germany

Buyer beware - this new German bd uses heavy noise reduction which has obliterated fine detail and caused smearing of the image. Much better off sticking with the existing US or UK blu-ray discs.

gag 23rd April 2017 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 529811)
Buyer beware - this new German bd uses heavy noise reduction which has obliterated fine detail and caused smearing of the image. Much better off sticking with the existing US or UK blu-ray discs.

Maybe just saying it looks good tho .

Susan Foreman 25th June 2017 06:28 PM

Stephen King's original hyperbole filled review of 'The Evil Dead' in an edition of 'The Twilight Zone' magazine

http://www.pophorror.com/wp-content/...eevildeadd.jpg

http://www.pophorror.com/wp-content/...xgaasjiv-1.jpg

Original Review of 'The Evil Dead' by Stephen King is Amazing! - PopHorror

Susan Foreman 24th August 2017 05:49 PM

Jim'll Paint It - 'Dad's Army Of Darkness'

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...52&oe=5A5F94FB

Susan Foreman 3rd February 2019 08:33 AM

Coming on March 4th, 2019 is a new release of 'Evil Dead 2', available on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-Ray and DVD. Pre-orders are available from Amazon UK:

4K Ultra HD - £20:00

Blu-Ray - £15:00

DVD - £10:00

"After the shocking and notorious cult classic THE EVIL DEAD impaled its way into the minds of a whole generation, visionary maverick director Sam Raimi decided to elaborate on its twisted scenario. Featuring B-movie legend Bruce Campbell in his most iconic role, EVIL DEAD 2 is a gore-fueled, splatstick masterpiece that gleefully stomps on the entrails of good taste whilst puking in the face of Hollywood with no apologies."

The 4K and Blu-Ray release contain the following special features
  • Audio commentary with Sam Raimi, Scott Spiegel, Bruce Campbell and Greg Nicotero
  • Bloody and Groovy, Baby! - Tribute to Sam Raimi’s Evil Dead 2
  • Shallowed Souls: Making of Evil Dead 2
  • Cabin Fever: A “Fly on the Wall”
  • Road to Wadesboro: Revisiting the Shooting Location with Filmmaker Tony Elwood
  • The Gore the Merrier: Making of Evil Dead 2
  • Interview with Bruce Campbell
  • Trailer

while the DVD only has the commentary

Inspector Abberline 14th May 2019 10:37 PM

evil 4k

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 597151)
Coming on March 4th, 2019 is a new release of 'Evil Dead 2', available on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-Ray and DVD. Pre-orders are available from Amazon UK:

4K Ultra HD - £20:00

Blu-Ray - £15:00

DVD - £10:00

"After the shocking and notorious cult classic THE EVIL DEAD impaled its way into the minds of a whole generation, visionary maverick director Sam Raimi decided to elaborate on its twisted scenario. Featuring B-movie legend Bruce Campbell in his most iconic role, EVIL DEAD 2 is a gore-fueled, splatstick masterpiece that gleefully stomps on the entrails of good taste whilst puking in the face of Hollywood with no apologies."

The 4K and Blu-Ray release contain the following special features
  • Audio commentary with Sam Raimi, Scott Spiegel, Bruce Campbell and Greg Nicotero
  • Bloody and Groovy, Baby! - Tribute to Sam Raimi’s Evil Dead 2
  • Shallowed Souls: Making of Evil Dead 2
  • Cabin Fever: A “Fly on the Wall”
  • Road to Wadesboro: Revisiting the Shooting Location with Filmmaker Tony Elwood
  • The Gore the Merrier: Making of Evil Dead 2
  • Interview with Bruce Campbell
  • Trailer

while the DVD only has the commentary

Has anybody watched or bought The Evil Dead 1 or 2 in 4k ????
Just wondered how good they look....

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....4L._SX342_.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....oL._SY445_.jpg

Susan Foreman 10th June 2020 06:52 AM

Bruce Campbell Reveals New ‘Evil Dead’ Film’s Title, Director | Variety

"“Evil Dead” star Bruce Campbell has revealed some details about the franchise’s next installment.

“It’s called ‘Evil Dead Now,'” Campbell said in an interview with Empire.

The star played Ash Williams in Sam Raimi’s original horror trilogy of “The Evil Dead,” “Evil Dead 2” and “Army of Darkness.” Campbell didn’t appear in the 2013 soft reboot called “Evil Dead,” but served as a producer. He said he won’t be in the upcoming movie either, and it will feature a female protagonist, like the 2013 film.

“From this point forward, they kind of have to stand on their own. Which is fine. And liberating,” Campbell said. “We just want to keep the series current. And the mantra, really, is that our heroes and heroines are just regular people. That’s what we’re going to continue.”

Cambell revealed that franchise creator Raimi handpicked indie director Lee Cronin to helm “Evil Dead Now.”

“[Cronin] did a cool movie called ‘The Hole in the Ground.’ We’re going to get that sucker out as soon as it’s practical,” Cambell said.

Cronin had been directing horror shorts before breaking out with his feature-length debut “The Hole in the Ground” in 2019. The film went on to gross $3.4 million after debuting at the Sundance Film Festival and continues to find audiences on streaming and video-on-demand platforms.

Both Campbell and Raimi made their careers with the original “Evil Dead” trilogy, which spanned from cabin-in-the-woods terror to slapstick comedy to medieval swashbuckling. Rumblings of another film in the series have simmered since Fede Alvarez’s grim 2013 remake of the original film was released and the spin-off Showtime series “Ash vs. Evil Dead,” which brought Campbell back to the role of the chainsaw-handed monster hunter Ash Williams after 23 years, concluded a three-season run in 2018."

Thompson 8th July 2020 11:03 PM

I'll miss Bruce Campbell, but it is a universe big enough to include new characters. Well, they already attempted a seminal reboot in 2013.

Nordicdusk 13th July 2020 05:03 PM

Will a new Evil Dead be dark serious and violent as the 2013 version or have more of an Ash V Evil Dead TV show comedy vibe. I would be all for a dark sinister film but as long as its done properly im good.

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th July 2020 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 630309)
Will a new Evil Dead be dark serious and violent as the 2013 version or have more of an Ash V Evil Dead TV show comedy vibe. I would be all for a dark sinister film but as long as its done properly im good.

I watched Ash vs Evil Dead in one go. That was a mistake.

First series was excellent but it all became a bit samey. Definitely would have worked better watching each series months apart.

Susan Foreman 6th June 2021 07:51 PM

It seems that director Steve Villeneuve's long-in-development Evil Dead fan documentary Hail to the Deadites - with interviews from horror personas, key cast and creators of the long-running horror franchise - will be getting an official release from Shout! Studios on digital and On Demand July 27th!

Here's the official synopsis:
Inspired by the 1981 classic’s cult following, Hail to the Deadites is an endearing documentary about the fans of the Evil Dead franchise, which is celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2021...the documentary features interviews with Evil Dead franchise cast members including Bruce Campbell, Ted Raimi, Betsy Baker, Theresa Tilly, Ellen Sandweiss, Richard Demanincor, Tom Sullivan, Dan Hicks, Kassie Wesley Depaiva, Sarah Berry, Rick Domeier & Bill Moseley.

Through interviews with the cast, crew, collectors, and fans, Hail to the Deadites seeks to illuminate the furthest reaches of the Evil Dead franchise’s undying and still-growing popularity, a popularity that has spawned four films, a TV series, comic books, figurines, and surpassed even its creator’s wildest dreams.

Susan Foreman 12th June 2021 09:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The marquee at the front of the Prince Charles cinema in London

Not sure on the date, but it can't be the original run because the film carried an 'X' certificate, so it must be sometime after 1982

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th June 2021 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 654166)
The marquee at the front of the Prince Charles cinema in London

Not sure on the date, but it can't be the original run because the film carried an 'X' certificate, so it must be sometime after 1982

Cool! :cool:

https://princecharlescinema.com/Prin...sOn?f=17527609

Susan Foreman 25th June 2021 09:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Susan Foreman 31st October 2022 03:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The first picture from 'Evil Dead Rises'

Susan Foreman 19th December 2022 04:17 PM

"This is my 2023 boomstick"!

New picture from 'Evil Dead Rise'

Susan Foreman 3rd January 2023 05:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The first teaser trailer for 'Evil Dead Rise' is due to be released tomorrow - Wednesday, January 4th

While we are waiting for that, here is a new poster for the film

Susan Foreman 4th January 2023 06:39 PM

"Tantir-ah-mis-trobeen-ha-zar-ta
Tantir-man-ov-mis-hazen-sober.
Kanda!
Kanda!
Kanda!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smTK_AeAPHs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ1hzzWJUYo

nosferatu42 5th January 2023 12:03 AM

For a modern horror it looks like a watchable jumble of decent moments from recent films.

For an evil dead film it looks like a film made by some guy that watched them all in one weekend while ****ed up and didn't really get the vibe...

Nordicdusk 5th January 2023 09:35 AM

I like the look of the trailer I feels more in the style and feel of the Evil Dead reboot but I enjoyed that also so there is that.

MrBarlow 5th January 2023 09:49 AM

This certainly has me intrigued and may be a lot better than some horrors that have been put out.

nosferatu42 10th January 2023 04:09 AM

A random sketch featuring Bruce Campbell based around the Ash character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ceRPg0kd3M

Is that Barbara Crampton or did i fall through some kinda vortex?
Groovy !!!

Susan Foreman 28th January 2023 11:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My brother has got a wood burner in his home

This is a piece of wood he burned yesterday!

Susan Foreman 14th April 2023 12:32 PM

Obvious spoilers abound!

Some new clips from 'Demons 3'... sorry - 'Evil Dead Rise'

Susan Foreman 12th May 2023 06:14 AM

The opening 10 minutes of 'Evil Dead Rise'

Susan Foreman 22nd June 2023 03:37 PM

It would appear that the US (Warner Home Video) DVD, Blu-Ray and 4K releases of 'Evil Dead Rise' are all vanilla!