Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2000's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=555)
-   -   Survival of the Dead (2009) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2000s/2322-survival-dead-2009-a.html)

42ndStreetFreak 22nd March 2010 08:12 PM

Not defending "Survival" (not seen it, sounds shit) but severing the head does not kill the zombie.

In "Day" there is a still functioning severed head in the lab (under the sheet) and in the mines a zombie gets a spade through it's mouth, and the severed top of the head (from the nose up) is still shown to be alive.

Poles is another matter, I just suppose they were not in that deep.

Basketcase 22nd March 2010 08:33 PM

i would say in my honest opinion survival is the worst movie of the dead series. The story is very weak, acting is wooden and as for the special effects they are terrible. I was very disappointed with this installment and thought romero could have put alot more effort into making it.

vincenzo 22nd March 2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak (Post 68777)
Not defending "Survival" (not seen it, sounds shit) but severing the head does not kill the zombie.

"Aim for the brain". :lol:

antmumford 23rd March 2010 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak (Post 68777)

In "Day" there is a still functioning severed head in the lab (under the sheet) and in the mines a zombie gets a spade through it's mouth, and the severed top of the head (from the nose up) is still shown to be alive.

Poles is another matter, I just suppose they were not in that deep.

Oh yeah, forgot about the shovel in the face one. The head on the table I thought was wired up to keep the brain alive as part of his experiment so it didn't count for me but your right about the cave one.
I'll shut my mouth in future and speak when I've got my facts right.
The CGI was just diabolical so it still get's me angry anyway :p

Richcrue 24th March 2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 68496)
I thought the horse riding scene was in relation to zombies still having some humanity - hence why they wanted to save the dead in hopes they could bring them back.

I watched the film last night(on my laptop skiving on the nightshift:thumb:),I thought the horse riding zombie was more to do with memories of past life(even touched upon in DAWN),before seeing the horse riding zombie girl,we see the postman zombie in a mailing loop and the woodcutter zombie etc,even the final scene is relevant to this,the 2 adverseries squaring up as zombies as they did in real life.
I thought the film was better than I was expecting,prolly coz I was expecting the worse and hoping for the best.

***Possibe spoiler***
Sorry I couldnt find how to hide "spoilers".

What I couldnt understand was why the horse riding zombie never bit the horse at any previous point but waited till it became a pivotal issue in the plot??

42ndStreetFreak 24th March 2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 68828)
The head on the table I thought was wired up to keep the brain alive as part of his experiment
I'll shut my mouth in future and speak when I've got my facts right.

You keep your mouth flapping mate! No biggie. :cool:

And you made a good point about the head perhaps being alive because of the experiment, So be not afeared!

As for the horse...Since when did Romero's zombies ever bite animals an way? :ohwell:

vincenzo 24th March 2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak (Post 69192)
As for the horse...Since when did Romero's zombies ever bite animals an way? :ohwell:

In Neigh-t Of the Living Dead. :heh:

42ndStreetFreak 24th March 2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 69194)
In Neigh-t Of the Living Dead. :heh:

:happy:

Actually that has reminded me...there was that goofy bit of bug eating in "Night".
But i guess I saw that as newly dead confusion and sampling rather than a dietary need.

Philleh 24th March 2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richcrue (Post 69189)

***Possibe spoiler***
Sorry I couldnt find how to hide "spoilers".

What I couldnt understand was why the horse riding zombie never bit the horse at any previous point but waited till it became a pivotal issue in the plot??

More Spoilers!

That was to do with her hunger, they had been starved if I remember rightly, and it was the ultimate test in her humanity/memory - would she eat what she loved most when she was a human.

Richcrue 24th March 2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 69198)
More Spoilers!

That was to do with her hunger, they had been starved if I remember rightly, and it was the ultimate test in her humanity/memory - would she eat what she loved most when she was a human.

I think she had already failed that test by biting her sister.:lol: