Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2000's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=555)
-   -   Antichrist (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2000s/4173-antichrist.html)

Inspector Tanzi 14th December 2010 12:48 PM

I've got it but haven't watched it yet.

PaulD 22nd December 2010 11:58 AM

Loved it. Excellent performances, incredibly directed, harrowing and beautiful at the same time. The opening scene is jaw-dropping.

Really want the Criterion Blu-Ray once I get a multi-region player.

dream demon 17th February 2011 02:38 PM

This is definitely on my 'too watch' last; I'm a big Trier fan for and have been for a long time so I'm very interested to see this.

RoXX0rz 18th February 2011 03:24 AM

Ah, AntiChrist, haven't watched it in a while, but it's definitely a film I loved. The performances of both were simply amazing.

Demoncrat 18th February 2011 10:10 AM

considering that he said from the outset that he "wanted to shock the audience" and considering his pedigree...it surprises me that people who should know better had the hump with this film...i was more offended by Gamer (which i watched on the same night, just garbage and loud garbage at that...empty vessels make the most noise etc)
as you might tell i do like this film, its NOT perfect..and a bit silly at points (the fox) but im an awkward bugger at the best of times ahem.

wayfarer 3rd March 2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 116703)
an absolutely shocking excuse for a film that tries too hard to shock and is dull and boring with two characters that i really couldn't give to shits about, it's pretentious arty bull crap that should never have had money put into it, was i offended? yes because i wasted 90 minutes on the piece of turd. **** Lars Von Trier the pretentious, egotistical prick...

no I didn't like it....

I thought you were describing A Serbian Film:lol:

I found Antichrist a bit self-indulgent but ultimately well shot and well acted. The opening scene is superb and a contrast in tone and direction with the rest of the movie. Was it B&W or Sepia?:lol:

Rhodes 20th March 2011 05:40 AM

it's in my top ten. beautiful, amazing, stunning film, gets better and deeper with every watch. i think this and martyrs are the two most impressive horror films in a long time.

Kyle 20th March 2011 08:24 AM

great film i love everything about it, his best work next to riget

wayfarer 22nd March 2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhodes (Post 137076)
it's in my top ten. beautiful, amazing, stunning film, gets better and deeper with every watch. i think this and martyrs are the two most impressive horror films in a long time.

Martyrs - whilst the later beating scenes are uncomfortable to watch, the pay off ending is superb. I've not seen it again and wonder if it's as powerful second time around. I love the way it begins with what looks like the ending of anotehr movie.

Rhodes 22nd March 2011 02:43 PM

the end is what did it for me too, i was half-impressed all the way through but i did feel like it was a load of things i'd seen before loosely thrown together, then at the end it all come into perfect focus and really blew me away.
i haven't watched it a second time either, and i wonder how it holds up to repeated viewings also, but i suspect it will hold up well as all the individual scenes were so well done and nasty.