Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   So What Remake is Next? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/10749-so-what-remake-next.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st January 2016 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 476209)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 476218)
Utterly ****ing pointless!

I wonder if it's a situation like the Marvel films, where a studio has to keep making them so they don't lose the rights.

If it isn't, it is completely pointless as there are so many 'cabin in the woods' films available already.

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st January 2016 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 476218)
Utterly ****ing pointless!

I just don't get it.

I mean, it looks okay, but why? it's the same film, i really don't get it. Why remake a film that was made all of 5 minutes ago and basically change nothing.

I don't understand.

Stephen@Cult Labs 31st January 2016 03:08 PM

So What Remake is Next?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 476219)
I wonder if it's a situation like the Marvel films, where a studio has to keep making them so they don't lose the rights.

If it isn't, it is completely pointless as there are so many 'cabin in the woods' films available already.

They were going to make 2 prequels to the original, back to back, and changed their mind. Just took the script for the first film and decided to film that. Worse still that Roth has put his name to it as a producer.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st January 2016 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 476221)
They were going to make 2 prequels to the original, back to back, and changed their mind. Just took the script for the first film and decided to film that. Worse still that Roth has put his name to it as a priducer.

Better to make something original with that money than remake a film from this century.

Stephen@Cult Labs 31st January 2016 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 476224)
Better to make something original with that money than remake a film from this century.

Roth says it's a fun movie because they remade it and only changed the manner in which the different characters die. Oh well, that's ok then. 🙄

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st January 2016 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 476225)
Roth says it's a fun movie because they remade it and only changed the manner in which the different characters die. Oh well, that's ok then. 🙄

Makes all the difference – a completely different film!

Make Them Die Slowly 31st January 2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 476224)

Are you against recycling, all those unfilmed, original scripts will be in a landfill site soon!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st January 2016 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 476227)
Are you against recycling, all those unfilmed, original scripts will be in a landfill site soon!

If the choice is between burying a script which has been made into a film or a script which hasn't, I'd bury the one which has.

iank 31st January 2016 08:25 PM

They really are just taking the piss now.

keirarts 1st February 2016 07:23 AM

Am I so f****g old that Cabin Fever became an old movie? It seems too new to actually remake.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st February 2016 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 476281)
Am I so f****g old that Cabin Fever became an old movie? It seems too new to actually remake.

I suppose it is 14 years old which, in today's film industry, seems ancient!

J Harker 1st February 2016 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 473121)
What reasonable person could think otherwise?

I'm not sure about reasonable but i do prefer the original Fly over Cronenbergs heartless redo.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st February 2016 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 476287)
I'm not sure about reasonable but i do prefer the original Fly over Cronenbergs heartless redo.

Heartless? If anything, I find it more moving because it is a tragic love story in which a woman falls for a man who develops a horrible, and fatal, wasting disease. It may have been David Cronenberg who equated the idea of 'Brundlefly' with someone who contracts HIV/AIDS, but it's that aspect of the story which I find heartfelt and quite moving.

J Harker 1st February 2016 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 476291)
Heartless? If anything, I find it more moving because it is a tragic love story in which a woman falls for a man who develops a horrible, and fatal, wasting disease. It may have been David Cronenberg who equated the idea of 'Brundlefly' with someone who contracts HIV/AIDS, but it's that aspect of the story which I find heartfelt and quite moving.

Don't get me wrong, in many ways it's a great film, but like all Cronenbergs work i find it cold and clynical.

keirarts 1st February 2016 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 476282)
I suppose it is 14 years old which, in today's film industry, seems ancient!

I'm going to shake my walking stick at youngsters!

Make Them Die Slowly 1st February 2016 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 476317)
I'm going to shake my walking stick at youngsters!

Let's just hope that isn't a euphemism!

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st February 2016 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 476319)
Let's just hope that isn't a euphemism!

:mod: It's fine. He said 'walking'.

Alert over. :mod:

gag 6th February 2016 08:44 PM

Back to the future

Universal Pictures announcing a reboot for the iconic film franchise for the summer of 2017.
As part of “Back to the Future Day”, fans inevitably speculated whether a 4th film in the popular franchise was on the cards, in hope rather than expectation. And with every company from Toyota to Ashley Madison cashing in on “Back to the Future day”, all eyes were on NBC Universal.
Initially Universal execs dismissed reports as “fan fiction”, but were forced to confirm the rumours after the domain www.BackToTheFuture2017.com was registered by the company, as well as several social media handles under the same name.
Speaking to Variety, an unnamed exec confirmed the reboot has been in development for over 20 years. “This was always the long term plan for the series,” he said. “We knew that by putting October 21st, 2015 as the future date, we could create demand on social media. It was great foresight on our part.”
Shia LaBeouf is favourite to be cast in the lead role as the infamous Marty McFly, replacing Michael J.Fox. Earlier today, the 29-year-old actor tweeted: “@TheRock Great scott! Yo Doc, you ready? It’s time to go back baby!” The tweet which was quickly deleted, appeared to suggest Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson would replace Christopher Lloyd as the iconic Doc Brown.
The WWE superstar, admitted earlier this week, that he would be “very interested” in playing the role if his demanding schedule would allow it. Johnson is currently signed on to star in the next 10 Fast and Furious films, which will begin filming consecutively in December.
(foooking hell talk about milking a franchise ).
'Back to the Future' Reboot Confirmed
Jared Fogle to be force-fed Subway – ‘Back to the Future’ Reboot Confirmed
Steven Spielberg will executive produce the film, passing the directorial duties to JJ Abrams. Abrams appeared to pour cold water on suggestions of cameos from the original cast. “Cameos?” He said surprisingly. “Where we’re going with this film, we won’t need cameos.”
Whether or not the original cast will make cameo appearances in the reboot remains to be seen, but one “star” from the cult-classic, already confirmed for the reboot, is Crispin Glover who will reprise his role of George McFly. The actor announced to both his twitter followers, that he was “thrilled” to be “returning home”.
The role of ‘Biff’ is expected to be handed to Channing Tatum, with Megan Fox emarked for an unnamed role, presumably as a scientist

Rik 6th February 2016 08:57 PM

Bit early for April Fool's jokes, which this clearly is :wise:

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th February 2016 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 476867)
Bit early for April Fool's jokes, which this clearly is :wise:

Why would gag post a piece of humour as fact? :rolleyes:

It'll be from Newsthump or something like that. It's clearly not true.

I mean it mentions Ashley Madison, a swingers site or something on those lines.

Susan Foreman 8th February 2016 05:34 AM

This is just getting worse!

Everything we know about the Rocky Horror Picture Show remake so far

Nordicdusk 26th February 2016 09:22 AM

Looks like the Soska Sisters are doing a remake of Rabid.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th February 2016 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 479361)

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...pszpj1huna.jpg

Stephen@Cult Labs 26th February 2016 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 479361)

Starring Katharine Isabelle or Tristan Risk, no doubt!

Nordicdusk 26th February 2016 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 479476)
Starring Katharine Isabelle no doubt!

In that case bring it on :lol:

Susan Foreman 3rd March 2016 06:10 PM

The first official trailer for the long awaited (by some) 'Ghostbusters' re-boot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw

Hmmm - seems like the two original parts have been melded together to make this one!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd March 2016 08:20 PM

Jesus.

Someone call the Ghostbusters-there's some deranged females thinking they're gonna fill Ackroyd,Murray,Weaver and Ramis's boots. :tsk:

Hollywood eh?

Anything for a dollar.....:rolleyes:

iank 3rd March 2016 08:51 PM

I'd rather blow my brains out. :bananaride:

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd March 2016 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 480148)
Jesus.

Someone call the Ghostbusters-there's some deranged females thinking they're gonna fill Ackroyd,Murray,Weaver and Ramis's boots. :tsk:

Hollywood eh?

Anything for a dollar.....:rolleyes:

Watched it earlier. At the start, it looks like they're trying to fool you into thinking it's more of a sequel set 30 years later, then you realise it's a remake.....or maybe they know it's shit (which it looks like to me), and they thought they'd mention the original (which is the wrong thing to do. It just looks bad, bad, bad.

nosferatu42 3rd March 2016 09:02 PM

I must be going soft in my old age, because i actually thought it looked ok.
Considering what i expected, it looks watchable.:critter:
The ghosts looked reasonable to me.
I love the original, saw it at the cinema as a kid, but i think the sequel was shite.:headache:
So in my opinion if it's more entertaining than the sequel then they've done a reasonable job.:pop2:

Linbro 3rd March 2016 11:47 PM

'Cujo' is set to be remade. However, it will be titled 'C.U.J.O.'. Which stands for Canine Unit Joint Operations. Word is, the dog will be some sort of robot/cyborg thingy, or a dog that has been 'altered' by the military, then escapes.
Seriously, you couldn't make this shit up.

gag 4th March 2016 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linbro (Post 480191)
'Cujo' is set to be remade. However, it will be titled 'C.U.J.O.'. Which stands for Canine Unit Joint Operations. Word is, the dog will be some sort of robot/cyborg thingy, or a dog that has been 'altered' by the military, then escapes.

Could
U
Jog
On

Or

Could
U
Just bleeeeeep
Off

gag 4th March 2016 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 480118)
The first official trailer for the long awaited (by some) 'Ghostbusters' re-boot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw

Hmmm - seems like the two original parts have been melded together to make this one!

The film itself. Looks watchable its the female cast and dont look like they can pull it off where as in the original the jokes and humour kinda come naturaly where in this trailer it looks like their trying to hard with the humour to make it work to the extent it fails.
The ghost effects etc seem ok
But we be like sheep and watch it out of curiosity even tho deep down inside we really dont want to.

iank 4th March 2016 01:30 AM

I won't!

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th March 2016 04:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Linbro (Post 480191)

Haven't they already done that one?

Attachment 176381

Justin101 4th March 2016 09:37 AM

http://www.screamhorrormag.com/wp-co...er-200x300.jpg

Suspiria remake brings the stars out - THE HORROR ENTERTAINMENT MAGAZINE

Tilda Swinton is an interesting one, Dakota Johnson is that bird from 50 Shades isn't she? Is she supposed to Suzi do you think?

Susan Foreman 4th March 2016 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 480206)

Dakota Johnson is that bird from 50 Shades isn't she? Is she supposed to Suzi do you think?

She ain't doing me!

I've got a girlfriend!!

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th March 2016 10:13 AM

A Suspiria remake could never capture the style that made the original such a classic.

The greatness of Suspiria isn't the script or general story, it's the vision of Dario Argento and his technical abilities with sound, colour and the camera. It's similar to Val Lewton's techniques with light and shade in the forties, and is not a thing you can replicate.

So i would think any Suspiria remake will stand or fall on it being a better story than the original and perhaps taking the action out of the girls school all together.

gag 4th March 2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 480206)

Tilda Swinton is an interesting one, Dakota Johnson is that bird from 50 Shades isn't she? Is she supposed to Suzi do you think?

One Q? Why
One film that will be ruined and cant and shouldnt be remade, why is the film industry so hell bent on remaking just about every film in existence or rebooting films because either 99% of the time they are awful/garbage etc just the odd few here and there slip the net and end up being good.
The film industry really is in a sad state of affair now it seems to be remakes reboots sequels or dc and marvel superheroes, im getting bored of it now. No wonder people stick to watching the old films or obscure and underground films. And thats why its hard to have a conversation with a friend about films unless their a film enthusiastic themselves because everybody to busy watching main stream films and avoid everything else and missing out on some really good films.

Justin101 4th March 2016 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 480212)
One Q? Why
One film that will be ruined and cant and shouldnt be remade, why is the film industry so hell bent on remaking just about every film in existence or rebooting films because either 99% of the time they are awful/garbage etc just the odd few here and there slip the net and end up being good.
The film industry really is in a sad state of affair now it seems to be remakes reboots sequels or dc and marvel superheroes, im getting bored of it now. No wonder people stick to watching the old films or obscure and underground films. And thats why its hard to have a conversation with a friend about films unless their a film enthusiastic themselves because everybody to busy watching main stream films and avoid everything else and missing out on some really good films.

If a really creative film-maker gets Suspiria it could be good, but it probably wont be and it'll be crap.

I'm dreading the day when the live-action Akira re-make is greenlit, it looks like that's never going to happen though as it's been on the cards for about 10 years now at least.

Are Hollywood writers really that short of ideas now that they can only make films that have been made before?