Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Evil Dead (2013) Remake (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/6200-evil-dead-2013-remake.html)

Wes 24th October 2012 06:10 PM

Sorry dude, I meant just looking at the trailer it looks like another remake that will come and go...

sawyer6 24th October 2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 285718)
Sorry dude, I meant just looking at the trailer it looks like another remake that will come and go...

I get that,you didn't get my joke obviously

Wes 24th October 2012 06:29 PM

Oh yeah... :doh:

I'm distracted at the moment, I caught another fu*cking spider earlier... sitting on one of my CDs...waiting for me....

sawyer6 24th October 2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 285729)
Oh yeah... :doh:

I'm distracted at the moment, I caught another fu*cking spider earlier... sitting on one of my CDs...waiting for me....

Kill it!!!! :fear: :lol:

Wes 24th October 2012 06:40 PM

Yep, I vapourized it, thanks dude... but when a man can't reach for a CD in the safety of his own home, it's a bad state of affairs...

Anyway, Sawyer what did you think of The Evil Dead trailer ?

sawyer6 24th October 2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 285735)
Yep, I vapourized it, thanks dude... but when a man can't reach for a CD in the safety of his own home, it's a bad state of affairs...

Anyway, Sawyer what did you think of The Evil Dead trailer ?

It's tone is dark but it looks like another slasher movie, complete with teens etc.

Rik 24th October 2012 07:32 PM

I've watched the trailer properly now, instead of the mobile phone filmed one from last week and can honestly say I'm really looking forward to this

piraterob 24th October 2012 07:38 PM

i think hd kills a lot of horror movies. badly recorded films seem to have that added edge

Scyther 25th October 2012 12:18 AM

I thought the trailer was suitably dark and gory, but it really looks like any other post-Saw horror flick visually. I just don't see a need to remake Evil Dead, personally!

PaulD 25th October 2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scyther (Post 285935)
I thought the trailer was suitably dark and gory, but it really looks like any other post-Saw horror flick visually. I just don't see a need to remake Evil Dead, personally!

Yeah, it has that low-lit griminess of a lot of post-Saw films. I'm not overly fan of remakes but this seems particularly irrelevant. Like Texas Chain Saw Massacre one of the reasons for Evil Dead's appeal is it's low budget aesthetic and the DIY nature of its production. I can't imagine the film having the same impact with a glossy faux-grimy Hollywood sheen