Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Evil Dead (2013) Remake (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/6200-evil-dead-2013-remake.html)

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 23rd March 2012 07:14 PM

Yeah. I never really get the whole thing about a remake tarnishing the original. Everyone seems to hate remakes....except the ones they like.

Hawkmonger 23rd March 2012 07:23 PM

I............dont have an opinion on remakes. There movies in there own right and desserve to be seen. If there no good, rip them a new one.:pop2:

artisturn 16th May 2012 05:51 AM

Normally when I read about an upcoming remake I look forward to a new dvd release of the original film but there has already been so many versions of The Evil Dead released already I have nothing to look forward too.

Hopefully this remake will be entertaining I am not familiar with the directors work.
My biggest worry regarding this remake will be the overabundance of shoddy CGI effects.

Criterion7 16th May 2012 08:15 AM

I'm not big on the Ash character being a girl but I guess Bruce Campbell was so irreplaceable this is what they thought best.
Not one I really wanna see. Honestly I'd rather see Texas Chsinsaw Massacre 3D than this.

I'm looking forward to a new Halloween though now that its out of rob zombies hands.

James Morton 16th May 2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowFan (Post 242422)
I'm not big on the Ash character being a girl but I guess Bruce Campbell was so irreplaceable this is what they thought best.
Not one I really wanna see. Honestly I'd rather see Texas Chsinsaw Massacre 3D than this.

I'm looking forward to a new Halloween though now that its out of rob zombies hands.

not bothered about the EVIL DEAD remake
as regards to a new HALLOWEEN film, the Rob Zombie version was instantly forgettable

dis 16th May 2012 06:21 PM

so,is it happening or is it an "evil dead 4"?

wayfarer 16th May 2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dis (Post 242564)
so,is it happening or is it an "evil dead 4"?

It's in production now and is a remake, not a continuation of the Bruce Campbell movies.

Criterion7 16th May 2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 242567)
It's in production now and is a remake, not a continuation of the Bruce Campbell movies.

There's a low budget company trying to make an Evil Dead 4 as well. Raimi was in the process of trying to take legal actions.

Daemonia 17th May 2012 12:40 AM

Can't really blame Raimi for doing that, the property does belong to him. Evil Dead is such a recognisable brand I'm not surprised he's protective of it.

Criterion7 17th May 2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 242635)
Can't really blame Raimi for doing that, the property does belong to him. Evil Dead is such a recognisable brand I'm not surprised he's protective of it.

Agreed we don't need another Day of the Dead/Creepshow debacle on our hands.