Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Evil Dead (2013) Remake (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/6200-evil-dead-2013-remake.html)

Daemonia 8th December 2011 05:35 PM

When I first saw it as an impressionable teen when it first came out circa '83/'84 on home video, I was stunned by the level of gore on display, but always got that it was played for very dark humour and not to be taken seriously. The only film that has genuinely scared me was The Exorcist when I saw it on video as a young teen. I think, though, that was partly because of my religious upbringing and the sense that something like that could happen.As an adult I no longer have those fears, but the film still unnerves me, because it'sdealing with the essence of evil. Strip away all the religiosity surrounding it, and it's about the corrupting of innocence by a thoroughly evil force and how men, corrupted with age, can't deal with it.

Vampix 9th December 2011 02:59 AM

The Exorcist is a film that's never scared me, I think it's an excellent film though.I remember going to see it on it's re-release at the cinema some years back where the audience I saw it with were more intent on laughing at the film than anything else.It totally ruined the experience for me. :mmph:

Splatterdragon73 9th December 2011 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 202440)
I certainly found Raimi's original quite scary on first viewing. I didn't really like the comedic elements in both Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness, that's why the original film is still my favourite of the series.

Agreed and once comedy intruded on the carnage then that's when fans saw the writing on the wall for the franchise imo. Too many guffaws glossing over the gore especially so in AOD.:tsk:

wayfarer 7th January 2012 04:31 PM

Interesting Tweet from Mr Bruce Campbell:
Quote:

“@Azsunyx: What do you think of the changes to the Evil Dead remake?” FYI, there is a lot of false info out there. Wait, watch, be happy.

Daemonia 9th January 2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 208016)
Interesting Tweet from Mr Bruce Campbell:

If Bruce is putting his stamp of approval on it, then that's certainly made me more interested than I was before.

Like I say, I'm not totally anti-remakes, so I hope this will turn out well.

wayfarer 6th February 2012 10:10 AM

Harry Knowles has reviewed an October 2011 draft of the remake script. No surprises, really:

Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

Demoncrat 10th February 2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 202555)
The Exorcist is a film that's never scared me, I think it's an excellent film though.I remember going to see it on it's re-release at the cinema some years back where the audience I saw it with were more intent on laughing at the film than anything else.It totally ruined the experience for me. :mmph:

thats a pisser. ive seen TE at cinema at least 6 times, and they all "jumped" at certain bits...saw TED finally at the pictures and the crowd were laughing and talking amongst themselves until the "jack of spades" bit, then......SILENCE....and a few groans later. enhanced my viewing experience mightily;)

unlike the D here, im ANTI remake. i just DONT see the point. cashing in on the title isnt enough in my book.

Remake Srpski with Apple Martin, then il think about it.....:lol::laugh::pound:

StrawDog 10th February 2012 10:37 AM

ARGH! Not Another Remake! To remake one of my many favorite films and a masterpiece at that is sacrilegious. One more travesty directed by a MTV hack ( I'm not against MTV, but what many directors are today with these remakes) Count me too AGAINST the remake dude.

toto691 23rd March 2012 06:15 PM

a remake would kill this cult classic....

Rik 23rd March 2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toto691 (Post 226120)
a remake would kill this cult classic....

It won't kill it, if anything it will make the original appeal to a new audience after they've seen the remake and want to check out Sam Raimi's classic to compare the two.