View Single Post
Old 1st December 2011, 01:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
well the Crass Songs night was interesting to say the least.
2 supports (thought it would only be Cravats etc).
more to come as im a bit knackered ahem.
ok then.
was a good day, sunny etc. set from Tooting 2sh, just as well as since the victoria line was closed! ahem. jumped on bus to stockwell, plain sailing from there. had few drinks whilst waiting for mate's mate to turn up (quick one in a pub called The Defectors Weld (no, i wasnt pissed at this point)). plenty of punx were hanging about the pub just next to the Empire, so one last one in there...and in we went.

its the first time ive been in a proper theatre for a gig, lovely old fittings etc, and because we were in "the gods" got a great view of the stage etc.
just saw tail end of Paranoid Visions (irish punks??)...pity as was very old school 3rd wave stuff.

then because of video screen in bar, were retired there for piss and that, safe in knowledge that we wouldnt miss owt else.

so on came The Cravats....who i felt had tailored their set to the ocassion...ie all the short fast ones (hmmm)...still though they did I Am The Dreg which is one of my favourites.

after another short intermission....on came Steve and an assortment of people.
highlights were Shaved Women, Big A, Little a, Darling, Bloody Revolutions, How Does It Feel? AND the fact that Eve and Penny turned up!!!
sorry if this doesnt mean much to non Crass fans...its all on youtube.

even the chap who muttered "bloody karaoke!!" in my ear seemed enjoy himself at the end.

only bought the remastered Stations....
wish id got them all now.

MERRY CRASSMAS!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]