View Single Post
Old 16th January 2009, 10:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I must admit, I don't watch anywhere near as many Westerns/Spaghetti Westerns as I should. I love the genre and have a fair few in my collection but unless I'm really in the mood then 9 times out of 10 I opt for something else, '70s trash cinema or '80s slashers often the ones that get watched the most.

Favourite Westerns? Well staying in Italy then obviously Django would be up there as it's a brilliant film and was so influential, the 5 Sergio Leone Westerns are up there as are classics such as A Bullet For The General and Companeros etc. My personal favourite though is Keoma and for the record, I adore its soundtrack, I think it takes unfair stick.

For anyone who doesn't have it then the Anchor Bay "Once Upon A Time In Italy" box set is an essential purchase and is perfect for newcomers I reckon. It's one of my most prized DVDs in fact.

Regarding Cut-throats Nine, I have the DVD-R in my to watch pile, one day I'll get round to watching it. I understand it's one of the most violent Westerns ever made.....