View Single Post
Old 30th January 2009, 12:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The only freedom I'm seeking is freedom from ever viewing Incense Of The Damned again . Do watch Baron Von Klaus, it's actually quite creepy in parts and shows what Franco was capable of doing with a good plot. The bits around the swamp are very well done and there's one tense scene that even Mario Bava would have approved of - or am I going over the top now? regardless, put it to the top of the pile.

Out of interest, what's your opinion on the Eugenie '69? I had high hopes for it seeing as I always tend to enjoy the Franco/Lee/Towers films (Blood Of Fu Manchu included!) but that one was really dire I thought. His usual dull Sexploitation fare with a few brief Christopher Lee appearances.

Paganini Horror should have worked, it had Donald Pleasence, Daria Nicolodi, a good storyline and had an '80s Metal soundtrack but somehow Cozzi made what looked like a surefire bit of entertainment into something extremely boring. Anyone could have directed that, there was no style, crap pacing and dull characters. Given how much Cozzi has worked in close proximity to Dario Argento you'd think he'd have learned a thing or two. Incidentally, I was gonna submit a review of it a couple of months back but due to the lack of comments I've been receiving decided not to bother.

Last edited by cloud; 30th January 2009 at 12:54 PM.