View Single Post
Old 11th February 2009, 12:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I watched the 'Dead Of Night: Exorcism' episode last night and while my expectations were fairly high it turned out to be much better than I anticipated. Some of the sequences were really unnerving with several memorable moments, there was no tedium and the plot (especially the ending) was excellent. I've since read up on it and I understand 4 of the 7 episodes are now believed to be 'lost' so that is sad news. I'd like to see the other 2 episodes if they're ever transmitted though. Thanks Mark for sending me a copy.

I also watched Lost Hearts from the same disc. I already had that one but revisited anyway and it still holds up as a decent episide of Ghost Story For Xmas. It's not up there with the big 2 (A Warning To The Curious and The Signalman) or even the uber creepy Stalls Of Barchester, but it's definitely the best of the rest I think. It has some creepy looking ghosts, interesting characters and a strong plot. Very good.

And I wish BFI would reissue The Stone Tape, I never did get round to buying it. They're reissuing some of the Passolini films so maybe just maybe this will get another release.
By the way, Mark, one BFI disc you do need if you don't already have it is 'Ghostwatch', now that does deliver and has never been shown again since its initial transmission in Halloween '92.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiren View Post
Need to find decent DVDs of both. Hopefully the BBC will release them, as someone else said.
That's 'cloud' to you.