View Single Post
Old 27th February 2012, 10:01 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

....id rather be shit scared than covered in shit myself

AAAAnyway.....mixed bag this weekend. started well when i nipped into my local charity shop to pick up Silver Screen in the Silver City (the history of cinemas in Aberdeen....god i need glasses, as i put the title down as something else on the "...reading?" thread)....and found a copy of Black Swan for £2!! love it or not, this is one of my recent favourites and was a nice wee bonus.

then on saturday my copy of Death Smiled At Murder turned up in extremely timely fashion (cheers Nos!!!) and was well worth the wait, one of Aristide's saner moments, though thats a bit of a red herring , i felt that, like Buio Omega, a film il be watching again and again...
Combat Shock..timely as there's a great article in the new Darkside, Taxi Driver it aint, but this was right up my street, a more gritty film i couldnt hope to see, mate kept comparing it to Eraserhead, which is very apt, must see if i can still get that 2dscr!!! RECOMMENDED

and i finished with The Baader Meinhof Complex(Uli Ledel, 2009) which was on BBC4 Sunday. NOT for everyone, this tells the tale of disaffected left wingers in West Germany in the late 60s/70s, some interesting performances, great locations and some brutal scenes and still it wasnt long enough

also found Carlos The Jackal in my local Factory Store! 3discer!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]