View Single Post
Old 6th March 2012, 11:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
bit of a cheat this, but have started watching Twin Peaks again, dug out the UK pilot (had it on dvdr for a while), and this started me off, watched all 7 episodes of 1st series over las ttwo days, will probably watch 2nd over weekend.

It's still such an odd programme! Forget other "event" tv things like Lost, or the shrill misfire Wild Palms, this is the real deal!

This will be the 5th time i've watched TP since its original transmission over here, ever time i see something new and disturbing in it.....
Well, didnt quite manage it (5 eps left etc), but would have to say that there is a definite "drop off" in quality during the second series, veering into self parody in places imo.

But there is still a lot to admire in TP. the stately pace, which is a real culture shock in today's hurried marketplace, unfolding the story as in a novel really...
I can really make a case for Lynch as magician, using misdirection skillfully to eke out the initial storyline to 17 episodes, but i still feel that the 1st series as a piece of art works better than the second, which is more like the documentary dvd you sometimes get with reissued "classic" albums, explaining away any sense of mystique with mere words and gestures.

"....here comes Bob
eager for fun...
he wears a smile
everybody run"

Still the greatest ending as well, looking forward to it soon!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]