View Single Post
Old 17th April 2012, 08:03 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
For all the fun loving types on here, i recommend Where The Dead Go To Die (Jimmy Claus, 2012).

THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS
so don't say i didn't warn you haha

Or rather i'l expound on one of my pet hates, in that just because i sit through Srpski, Snuff 102, Ferox and the like, mates think i'l watch anything that's "disgusting" (well, they had to restrain me so i'd sit through Top Gun, not a lie, they held me rigid)
This is another example of this. A rather unique piece of animation, it tells the tale of a boy and his dog, but Lassie it isn't.
Even though it has some interesting visual tricks, i felt that the overload of "unpleasant" imagery (imagine if Lynch had done Silent Hill, whilst on 15 acid tabs yadda yadda) was merely boring after a while, and as the story meanders in parts, it doesn't really keep you interested. Mate kept saying "would this get passed by the BBFC??" as well, when it was obvious to me that it would be cut to shreds as there is a heap of child abuse in it.
the director certainly has some visual flair i'd say, but i felt like i'd been raped by a bag of dolly mixtures by the end.

highly recommended:lau gh:
I love dolly mixtures.