View Single Post
Old 6th May 2012, 02:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
That's probably a subjective thing. I've talked to other people who think the DPOD Blu looks stunning. I'll be getting it and judging it for myself rather than just taking other people's word for it. I'm not saying they're right or wrong, just that I'd rather judge for myself. If I always listened to other people I'd have missed out on what I consider to be great BDs.
That's a fair enough point of view

Personally speaking, I'd vehemently disagree that DPOD looks stunning though. OK colours are great and noise/specks/grain greatly reduced but I want to see a high resolution image when I buy a blu ray and DPOD just looks soft and often downright waxy in places... Its just really heavyhanded noise reduction. I was far more pleased by Koch's treatment of HELL HOUSE and I'd only give the PQ of that 3/5. I know Hammer or Studio Canal or whoever they use to do these transfers could have done a better job with DPOD, just look at the transfers out there for WITCHFINDER GENERAL and their own QUATERMASS and look at the resolution on older films (even silent films) that Eureka put out. For me DPOD was extremely disappointing.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti