View Single Post
Old 17th May 2012, 08:30 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
You mean the kind of films most folk pretend to like to appear intelligent . . .
Yes, exactly those films!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I actually think the zombie effects and make-up in ZFE are far superior to that of Romero's Dawn of the Dead.
That's true. Savini's gore effects are excellent, but the grey and blue zombies clearly look as if the actors have been painted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Saw Vertigo and Rear Window in a double feature once.
Rear Window was a hoot, bu Vertigo was SOOOOO boring and annoying, with dodgy plot twist and I left before it finished, as I decided to look up the end to see how long it has left. Only plus was watching it in 70MM, closest you'll get to a blu ray

I'd have loved to be there watching that double feature as both films are superbly made, but slightly different. There's a bit more humour in Rear Window than Vertigo, but the scripting, design and direction in Vertigo are in a class of their own and it's Hitchcock's most accomplished picture. I feel like doing that double bill on my own one evening now!

Seeing it in 70 mm must have been a great visual experience and (I think) would have more information than you could fit on a dual layer BD.

Just in terms of Hitchcock's films, my favourite is Psycho, but his best is Vertigo.