View Single Post
Old 27th May 2012, 01:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Films starring Leo di Caprio, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, most (but certainly not all - e.g. I enjoyed Clooney-starring 2011 film The Descendants a lot) films post 1995 it seems The Matrix movies. Modern rom-coms (older ones like Roman Holiday & Sabrina I enjoy because they had charismatic actors like Bogart and Peck and decent, though often a little fantastic, storylines). oh yeah and CGI filled crap! Can't bring myself to see something like Avatar, for example. I have to say though I find Will Ferrell one of the least annoying of the latest generation of comic actors, in fact I find his humour apes that of the Dan Ackroyd/Bill Murray/Chevy Chase/Steve Martin (golden) era the most, particularly in Anchorman but in some of his other films too.

Oh as for David Lynch, I'm not one for all-out weirdness generally - I've heard this is a trait of his movies - and I've only seen one of his films, DUNE (the cast - everything - is near perfect), and its probably the greatest sci fi film I've ever seen, but I'm biased because I think the book is easily the greatest sci-fi novel I've ever read.

As for Polanski, I don't think that much publicised 'incident' in his private life (or his traumatic childhood) has any bearing on his output which for me is amongst the best, most original and most consistent of any director. But I guess I can see why that incident would for some taint their opinion against him

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti

Last edited by oaxaca; 27th May 2012 at 05:06 PM.