View Single Post
Old 9th June 2012, 11:58 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
For my money though I still love the old school stuff from the video recordings act. The BEYOND, ZOMBIE FLESH-EATERS, ANTHROPOPHAGUS, ABSURD, S.S. EXPERIMENT CAMP, CANNIBAL FEROX, I DRINK YOUR BLOOD, CALIGULA: THE UNTOLD STORY, CANNIBAL APOCALYPSE, TENEBRAE, I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE, THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, BAY OF BLOOD....well there's a lot of stuff out there, it was the golden age of extreme cinema IMO.
A man after my own heart and imo the late '70s-early '80s was when splatter truly mattered. A glorious era for graphic violence make no mistake and a terrific time period yours truly can identify with the horror genre more than that of today. Don't get me wrong, there's many modern outings i approve of but i'll always come back to yesteryear's horror output when all's said 'n' done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Where films like The Human Centipede:First Sequence really fit in the new boundaries category is what the storyline about is the main controversial part and how it's portrayed.
I must admit i was always more interested in seeing the above surgical shocker for it's intriguingly perverse premise rather than the prospect of an excessive gore quotient. Ultimately, however, an overrated experience upon eventual initial viewing imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
I have only seen Flower of Flesh and Blood in the Guinea Pig series pretty rough but some great effects and very convincing. Not sure if the rest are worse gore wise.
Yours truly was glad when my first and only encounter with the above title was over. Not that the relevant effort was too nasty for me, it wasn't, but i just felt the movie was an empty, lifeless exercise powered purely by splatter and absolutely nothing else. And this is from someone who prefers action over words when it comes to his film tastes! No more GP entries for me after that slippery session!