View Single Post
Old 6th July 2012, 12:44 PM
Active Cultist

Final Destination 2 - for me, better than all the Screams put together - it's ridiculous and it knows it and the deaths are a hoot. BTW was there a contractual obligation for Tony Todd to appear in every horror movie made between 95-2005?

Plague of the Zombies - man this blu ray looks incredible - Witchfinder General standard, if they do this to The Mummy, The Gorgon and Brides of Dracula I'II probably shit myself. The film is as creaky and entertaining as ever - Andre Morrell rules! way to win over a pub full of in-bred hicks! way to kick a fox hunters ass! The 'Haitian' musical accompaniment lacks a certain credibility. Michael Ripper is the meekest cop ever. Blue skies at midnight. Gotta love this movie.

Alien 3 - haven't seen this in 15 years but my feelings remain the same - great atmospheric first hour frittered away by some rank bad action sequences and zero suspense. Watched the longer 2003 version - this was a movie that didn't need extra length but some decent editing.

Let Me In - fantastic effort, on a par with the original and I don't say that lightly. Lacks the wider social bleakness of the Swedish version but is great on the angsty first crush angle. Check out the deleted scenes - they're just as good as the stuff left in.