All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179678Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th July 2012, 12:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Another giallo, perhaps?
I kind of fancy something a bit "made for TV", I can't even remember what I have piled up downstairs. Oh it will be something random but hopefully creepy.
Old 6th July 2012, 12:23 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
I kind of fancy something a bit "made for TV", I can't even remember what I have piled up downstairs. Oh it will be something random but hopefully creepy.
How about Dark Night of the Scarecrow (if you have it, that is!)? It ticks all your boxes.
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 6th July 2012, 12:44 PM
Active Cultist

Final Destination 2 - for me, better than all the Screams put together - it's ridiculous and it knows it and the deaths are a hoot. BTW was there a contractual obligation for Tony Todd to appear in every horror movie made between 95-2005?

Plague of the Zombies - man this blu ray looks incredible - Witchfinder General standard, if they do this to The Mummy, The Gorgon and Brides of Dracula I'II probably shit myself. The film is as creaky and entertaining as ever - Andre Morrell rules! way to win over a pub full of in-bred hicks! way to kick a fox hunters ass! The 'Haitian' musical accompaniment lacks a certain credibility. Michael Ripper is the meekest cop ever. Blue skies at midnight. Gotta love this movie.

Alien 3 - haven't seen this in 15 years but my feelings remain the same - great atmospheric first hour frittered away by some rank bad action sequences and zero suspense. Watched the longer 2003 version - this was a movie that didn't need extra length but some decent editing.

Let Me In - fantastic effort, on a par with the original and I don't say that lightly. Lacks the wider social bleakness of the Swedish version but is great on the angsty first crush angle. Check out the deleted scenes - they're just as good as the stuff left in.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 6th July 2012, 12:54 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette
I kind of want to watch The New York Ripper again.
I have a real urge to watch The New York Ripper tonight but am snowed under with uni work. If I get enough done and get to the point where I'm not able to do any more I might 'treat' myself to it later.
SharonLynette likes this.
Old 6th July 2012, 01:19 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
Someone's Watching Me!
Pete and SharonLynette like this.
Old 6th July 2012, 02:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
How about Dark Night of the Scarecrow (if you have it, that is!)? It ticks all your boxes.
Unfortunately I don't have it but it is on my list, well I thought it was but can't see it on my wishlist..I'm sure I haven't bought it but I better check! Nope, maybe I added it to my basket then changed my mind.
Old 6th July 2012, 02:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I have a real urge to watch The New York Ripper tonight but am snowed under with uni work. If I get enough done and get to the point where I'm not able to do any more I might 'treat' myself to it later.
It is such a treat, I hadn't seen it for a while and I felt so happy thinking back about it this morning. That sounds creepy but it is a good film.
Old 6th July 2012, 02:40 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I know the perfect film!! Just a shame it's not available on DVD still! I will continue to harp on about this until it's available (which will probably be never...)

Mysterious murders, made for TV and creepy in parts.

Curse of the Black Widow (TV 1977) - IMDb
Old 6th July 2012, 02:44 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Dawn Of The Dead,just got this of e bay,2 disc edition which contains a 139m version which i watched last night.
great film,cant believe its taken me so long to get it.
had it on vhs years ago.
Old 6th July 2012, 03:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default No, Dutch-Irish. My father was from Wales

well its rainy and miserable down south so im watching theses 3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the-naked.jpg (62.3 KB, 40 views)
Pete and SharonLynette like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!