View Single Post
Old 9th July 2012, 01:19 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i wasn't hugely impressed by The Avengers, it was the first 3D film i saw in the cinema and i think it ruined the experience for me, i'll rewatch it when it comes out on blu-ray and i'll probably enjoy it a hell of a lot more than i did. I'm very very pro Captain America because i thought that was the best film Marvel had done.

Anyway recent viewings....

Maximum Overdrive:
Silly but entertaining Machines on the Warpath film from Stephen King, came across like Assault On Precinct 13 with Trucks.

Dragonslayer:
Top notch 80s dragon film from Disney when they took risks. Brilliant creature design and very very dark. It's kind of like Game Of Throwns minus the boobs.

Reign Of Fire:
Never realised how good this film was until i re-watched it. It's a good dragon film and great post Apocalypse film.

Project X (2012)
:
utter juvenile rubbish.

Pig Hunt:
Totally mental action horror from the late Jim Isaacs, very fun with a good practical creature..

Fear Island:
Pretty good low-budget island terror about of group of students getting killed off one by one but this had a twist in it, if you've seen Usual Suspects then you get what i mean. Worth a watch.

Marooned:
Good sci-fi with Hackman, Crenna, Franciscus and Peck about a 3 astronautics stranded in space and the rescue mission. A bit over long but well worth a watch.

Devil In A Blue Dress:
brilliant noir with a twisty turny plot with a stunning central performance from Denzel Washington as Easy Rawlings. Cannot recommend this more....

21 Jump Street (2012):
Laughed my ass off while watching this, some of the ways they avoid cliches are very funny and Channing Tatum is surprisingly good at comedy.