View Single Post
Old 19th July 2012, 12:19 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagaman View Post
I've never owned or seen TCM2!
Is it worth picking up?...
When I first saw TCM2 on a scuzzy quality VHS back in the mid 90's I hated it. I'd just finally acquired a boot of the origional movie (back in the days when I could not legally buy the damn thing before anyone accuses me of promoting piracy) But after returning to the film several times my love for the movie grew and now I actually like it quite a bit. The other posters are correct, don't go looking for a direct sequel to the first movie. The origional TCM has plenty of black humour in it, but its still primarily a scare machine. TCM 2 dosent care about scaring the audience, rather it wants to make them laugh out loud. EVERYTHING in the movie is totally over-the top and out of control, there's gallons of gore everywhere you look and all the performances are as OTT and outragous as everything else in the movie, including a recently sober Dennis hopper who ends up on a rampage after the cannibal family brandishing two chainsaws and spouting scripture. If I didn't know any better this was both Tobe hoopers attempt to kill the franchise and stick two fingers up at everyone who wanted a re-tread of the first movie. Instead he made something totally opposite tonally and a movie that could easily be considered rampantly self-indulgent.

Seriously whats not to love?!