Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th July 2012, 08:44 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I love TCM2 on its own merits. As a sequel to the original it is a disaster.
Old 19th July 2012, 08:58 AM
Cultist

I've never owned or seen TCM2!
Is it worth picking up?...
Old 19th July 2012, 09:08 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I say yes. Don't think of it as a sequel. It's an extremely OTT horror comedy and it's great fun.
Gojirosan likes this.
Old 19th July 2012, 09:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I like all of the TCM films, yes including the remake/re-imaginings. TCM2 is a great film if you don't think of it as a sequel to the original and I agree with Stephen, that artwork is shite!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 19th July 2012, 09:48 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
I say yes. Don't think of it as a sequel. It's an extremely OTT horror comedy and it's great fun.
Ok, thanks for that, sounds like something I should invest in but might pick up a uk dvd copy on the cheap first...
Old 19th July 2012, 09:57 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't like TCM2? Such an awful film...
I totally agree, I must have different tastes to most forum members because I found no redeeming factors in this pile of turd of a film...... or........ I was just in the wrong frame of mind and didn't watch it as a standalone comedy/horror, expecting an actual sequel.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 19th July 2012, 09:57 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Looks like MGM are releasing The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 on blu-ray in september will all the features from the Gruesome Edition....right down to the shitty artwork. I'm seriously getting sick of MGM covers now.

Attachment 72894
I really hate the trend for horror movie covers (especially low-budget straight-to-dvd affairs) aping the aesthetic of the Saw films.
Old 19th July 2012, 10:59 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't like TCM2? Such an awful film...
No, you're not the only one. It's a terrible film and when I first saw it, knowing nothing about the writer, director etc, I was surprised that Kim Henkel was so involved – it's almost as if it was made by people who hadn't seen The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, let alone written it!

Even so, I don't dislike the film and it's one I watch as a comedy as treating it seriously makes for a terrible viewing experience.
Old 19th July 2012, 11:22 AM
Cult Acolyte

Not sure if anyone knew this, but Image are releasing Re Animator in the US with a street date of Spetember 4th. Original artwork too.

"According to Image Entertainment's official listing, the Blu-ray release of Re-Animator will be "packed with bonus features (existing from earlier DVD releases), including audio commentaries from the film's director, producer and cast, interviews, extended scenes, galleries, and more"."

Second Sight are going to have to hurry up and give a date and even just a bit of specs, or some people might grab this.

Edit: Amazon US has it for a $13 per order!
oaxaca and Nagaman like this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 19th July 2012, 11:24 AM
Cult Acolyte

Also, Lawrence Of Arabia is coming, but the special edition is different to what was shown earlier in the year.

"Sony's Blu-ray offers the film in a 4K digital restoration; according to Sony's official press release, "the original camera negative was scanned at 8K and the film went through a painstaking process of repairing problems inherent to the fifty-year old film elements."

Further technical and supplementary details are unknown, though Sony will provide a three-disc, Fiftieth Anniversary box set for Lawrence of Arabia that includes a soundtrack sampler CD and a collectible booklet with behind-the-scenes facts and photographs.

Lawrence of Arabia streets on November 13th (the date confirmed by the studio's press release)."

I also believe that it is a restored version with 21 minutes of unreleased material.
oaxaca likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga

Like this? Share it using the links below!