View Single Post
Old 5th October 2012, 03:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Default MY NAME IS NOBODY (French Steelbook - StudioCanal)

DISC:-

Just finished watching this and I must say StudioCanal have done an absolutely perfect job with the PQ, it looks really stunning for a film from 1973. Great detail, bright colours and nice stable grain throughout.
Another plus is the gorgeous steelbook it comes in. On the negative side, it seems your unable to alter audio and subtitles during the film, you can only do it from the main menu. Even worse though, if you choose the English audio (my only option as I don't parlais Francais), you are lumbered with unremovable French subtitles.

FILM:-

The film itself seems to be a Leone-produced (Tonino Valerii-directed) parody of the genre he made famous (or at least critically-acclaimed). Even Morricone's score mimics parts of those in other Leone films. Its half-serious and half tongue-in-cheek. Fonda doesn't say much but has a good presence whereas Terence Hill provides a lot of the humour. The English track has decent enough dubbing, no worse than any other spag western I've seen. Its really quite a likeable, light hearted film with the emphasis mainly on comedy, some of it bordering on slapstick, e.g. the regular use of fast-motion. The ever-great Geoffrey Lewis (Fulci's Silver Saddle, Hooper's Salems Lot, etc) plays a small but comical part at the end. He's the leader of 'the wild bunch' but you don't see much of him until the last few mins

ps. Looking forward to getting this Sergio Sollima one - THE BIG GUNDOWN / LA RESA DEI CONTI - on the 12th... Milian & Van Cleef - That is one great cast!

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti

Last edited by oaxaca; 5th October 2012 at 04:51 PM.