View Single Post
Old 14th October 2012, 12:06 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

last few films watched...

WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU'RE EXPECTING
Good balance of comedy and drama let down by not concentrating on the one story that should have been more prominent in the film, if you can stomach Cameron Diaz and Elizabeth Banks, it's worth a look.

WHITE LIGHTNING
Burt Reynolds takes on Ned Beatty's corrupt sheriff in this pretty cool 70s action film full of car chases and gun fights. Great soundtrack too.

SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT
A lot lighter than White Lightning and a lot of fun, Burt Reynolds plays the bandit and the film is full of dry whit, good car chases and man that TransAm is a sweet car.

DOG SOLDIERS
Really good Werewolf flick with a very british sense of humour, some brilliant gore scenes and some great directing, never tire of this flick and love the score too.

TAKEN 2
Olivier Megaton brings all the trappings that made Columbiana and Transporter 3 crap to Taken 2, Neeson is good as usual but the film feels more like a parody of the first film. Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen have written a very lazy run of the mill action film and should be ashamed of themselves. The characters do epically dumb things and the film just comes across as stupid. Nothing compared to the first film.

AVP: ALIENS VS PREDATOR
I actually really like this film, it's fun, exciting and links with the Alien and predator franchises well. I found it alot more entertaining than Prometheus, it's just straight up sci-fi horror for me and very enjoyable.

SAINTS & SOLDIERS: AIRBORNE CREED
A beautifully shot WW2 drama from the director of the brilliant Saints And Soldiers. Is a bit confusing with Corbin Allred playing a different character in this compared to the first film, but a brilliant achievement. Not as good as the first but certainly one of the best indie war movies you're probably ever going to see.

THE DICTATOR
After truly hating Borat and Bruno, i was apprehensive about this film, but my expectations were smashed, This one of the funniest films i've seen in a very long time.

BLADE RUNNER: THE FINAL CUT
Ridley Scott's Cyberpunk masterpiece is a massive achievement in production design and has a very dreamlike quality. Some wonderful performances from all of the cast especially Rutger Hauer and Harrison Ford.