View Single Post
Old 14th October 2012, 01:23 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I saw that at the cinema this week and couldn't believe how poor it was, rather than building on the first film, it was just a predictable, dull and by-the-numbers action movie, with nothing in the way of suspense or excitement. I noticed one scene where it had been adapted/modified for a lower certificate, as Bryan Mills (I think) throws someone so their neck breaks over a pipe and there is absolutely no sound, whether should be a crunch/crack.

Anyway, with a director called Olivier Megatron, what should you realistically expect?!
It was just lazy filmmaking, you could tell they didn't really want to make the film which is why it clocks in at only 83 minutes. The first one had a grittiness to it with Neeson in unstoppable mode, he had a mission and he wasn't going to stop untill he finished. There are so many dumb moments in this film and the direction is less than stellar. Neeson has said that they wont be doing a third and thats a pretty good thing because if this is the level that they're going with then i think we're better off without a third.